Did you have any...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Complications during any of your pregnancies?

February 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Nope, I got very very lucky and didn't have so much as morning sickness or a wave of nausea. I felt more healthy than I have in my life, other than fatigue I felt great. My doctors described it as a 'by the books' pregnancy and delivery. I didn't even need stitches Boy I got lucky.

Post partum I did develop hypothyroidism. Apparently pregnancy fried my thyroid so while putting on 40lbs was easy, getting it off, not so much.

February 10th, 2009, 10:17 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Just gestational diabetes. I start using a monitor and not just trusting the diets. I had been given two diets and neither one of them kept my sugar within good levels.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
February 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
I had a relatively uncomplicated pregnancy with Sam. I was induced for low amnio, apparently leaked from 36 weeks on.

This time? Minor in most people's eyes because I've never been hospitalized for my issues, but kind major in my eyes since I had a problem free pg last time.

Took us 18 months to get pg, I had a subchorionic bleed at 7 weeks, dx'd with GD at 20 weeks, horrid heartburn even with prescription medication and stress beyond belief from my unemployed husband and I just lost my job two weeks ago.

February 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Nicole they thought I had GD but I didnt. I just gained rather quickly and currently trying to get that weight off. With Hannah however I had more back and leg problems. I swelled a lot with both before and after delivery. My siactic nerve hurt a lot and my hips while pregnant with Hannah. Morning sickness with both lasted longer with Hannah. Emergency csection with Nicole after pushing for two hours and repeat with Hannah.

April 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ended up with pre-e but didn't was in the process of getting diagnosed for it when she came 6 weeks early. My BP started creeping up starting at 28 weeks and I started putting on weight much faster. Then when I hit 34 weeks I thought I was leaking fluid and my BP was starting to get dangerously high. I drove myself to the hospital the morning I had her to drop of my 24 hour urine. I didn't get the results back until my 6 week pp because I ended up going into labor myself later that same day.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Last edited by ambee; April 25th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
April 25th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
No, thank goodness. Although there was one little occasion when I was 38 weeks & the dr couldn't find a heartbeat!! it terrified me, but we went up to the hospital & found it on the CTG immediately.. the doctor had been putting the doppler in the wrong place - i told her to put it where my midwife always put it, but she told me that was silly...

May 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Loving my Baby
I had a subchorionic hematoma at 7wks that stopped bleeding at 14 wks. Other than that, pregnancy was textbook!

Our IVF miracles:

Brianna Marie Johnson Born 1/30/2009 at 6lbs 9 oz and 19 1/2 in
Aryanna Michelle Johnson Born 2/10/2011 at 8lbs 7Oz and 20 inches

May 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a genetic condition that has given me a 69% m/c risk with each pregnancy and a 1% chance of having a baby with Trisomy 13, so that alone puts me at high risk.

With Makenna once I had the NT scan and blood work I could breath a bit easier since I usually m/c during the 1st trimester. I had a low lying placenta with her and was on pelvic rest but it moved by the time I was 31wks. I had practically zero symptoms and felt awesome the entire pregnancy. I ended up going 10 days over due with her and she had meconium and developed MAS (meconium aspiration syndrome and had a collapsed lung as a result). She was in the NICU for 4 days.

With Maddie I had every symptom in the book, and m/s for almost 5 months and was on diclectin for it. I also had bleeding from 11-14wks most likely due to my fibiods. Then at my 20wk u/s they discovered she had a SUA (single umbilical artery) and I had a fetal ECG to rule out heart problems. Once I hit 36wks I started having weekly NST's to monitor her since babies with SUA can have IUGR. I had her 5 days after her EDD and she also had meconium but there were no complications.
May 17th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Michigan Momma's Avatar Just Chillin'
Send a message via Yahoo to Michigan Momma
I had Gestational Diebeties with my daughter but the rest went well.

With my son I had Eclampsia and had a total of 8 seizures the night I ended up in Ann Arbor which is why they decided to take him early. He was 11 weeks early.
June 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I had Puppps with mine, and a twisted pelvis, but as far as the pregnancy, no M/S, no GD, nothing to speak of. I opted for an early labor, since the Puppps got so bad. I literally was ripping my skin off. The doctors were getting a little concerned, so they suggested I consider an early induction or cesarean. It was totally voluntary since even the doctors thought if I could keep my skin on, then there'd be no problem waiting. They tested the boys' lungs and they were so ready to come out, they'd probably be wanting to come out within the next couple of days on their own anyways.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search