How did your labor and baby's birth go?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 10:06 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Angie's post got me thinking. Did delivery turn out as expected? Were you scared?

February 13th, 2009, 10:42 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I'd say all my labor's were as expected. I was confident before I ever had my first that my body could do what it was supposed to do and that if I worked with it things would go smoothly. I know there are a few exceptions to that, but I have had no complications.

The only suprises I've had were that my first labor was so short and my subsequent labors have been longer. My first labor was 3 hours and 45 min. That's from the fist contraction to birth! My next ones were 4 hours and 45 min, about 6 hours, and another 6 hours. Still great labors, just longer than the first!

I have hardly had any pushing, either. I have been able to relax and let my uterus do the pushing.

My births have all been at home, in my own bed, with my husband and children (if they want to be there). They have been wonderful experiences. Dh caught the baby last time and there was something so special about the first hands touching our baby being his daddy's. He plans on catching this one, too.

dd SK (closing in on 15)
dd AB (12.5)

ds TJ (10.5)
ds SR (7.75)
dd LG (5.5)
eight babies perfected in heaven
February 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Wow interesting. Both my girl's births were by csection. I labored for 16.5 hours with Nicole and pushed two hours but her heartrate was dropping so ended up in csection with that one. Hannah was just a repeat section so there werent any complications there.

February 14th, 2009, 09:57 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Tyler-was scared crapless!! I was 19 and single and had NO Idea what to expect! IT wasn't too bad, 18hrs of labor but no complicatins.

Austin- I went right on my due date, was only in labor 9 hours it was a very easy labor.

Dillie-I was 3 days over due so I was induced, was in labor about 4 hours, it was pretty smooth.

Abbey- 2 weeks early, was on our way out of town on the 4th of July but ended up going to the hospital instead! It was a LOOOONG painful labor. Was in labor 11hours, the EPI wore off and she came out OVER my pelvis bone looking the wrong way so it was VEEERY painful!!!

February 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Wow Angie how come I dont remember reading that in the PR?? That is crazy about Abbey.

February 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Quote:
Wow Angie how come I dont remember reading that in the PR?? That is crazy about Abbey.[/b]

LOL yeah it was a pretty bizarre 4th of July..and a very painful one!!

February 17th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
nope and yes!!
February 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
If you'd like to read my birth story you can here http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...owtopic=930373
It was unlike any other in my PR. My water broke but I never had a contraction on my own, they did some interesting things to get things going!

February 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
The epi worked great for me. Definately took away the pain and wasnt nearly as painful as everyone said. I just didnt want to see it!

March 13th, 2009, 09:00 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Only my third child was as I expected. My oldest was 6 weeks early and no where near as bad as I was told it would be. My second was very difficult. 23 hours of constant pain only to have a c-section. It could have been a little easier if the hospital staff was better than they were. My last delivery was a planned c-section and went a lot smoother than I thought it would be.

Little Ernest was the only one I think I was very disappointed about because he was my hubby's first child and I wanted it to be special. I wanted him to coach me and I wanted us to share in the joy of seeing him born, but it didn't end up that way.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

March 14th, 2009, 10:09 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
With my first, I was induced for low amnio and it failed. I had an emergency c/s 29 hours after it all started.

Wtih my second, I had a scheduled repeat c/s that I thought would be normal and was anything but. Well, okay, the actual delivery was normal, it was AFTER that everything went crazy.

my birth story on my blog:
http://meyouandduckytoo.blogspot.com...fely-home.html

March 14th, 2009, 03:43 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine went as expected. I had a birth plan and my nurse and OB went by that. They didn't push anything on me or anything like that, and my OB doesn't like doing c-sections, so I didn't have to worry about that either. From start to finish it was 27 hours long, but I was only at the Birth Center for the last part of it. My son wasn't breathing when he was born, he had a lot of meconium in his lungs, but after a few minutes of oxygen he was just fine.
March 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I had three babies, and three completely different labor and deliveries.

My first baby Jimmy (5 lbs, 9 oz) was fast and easy and 1 week early, 6 hours from start to finish it was a dream labor and delivery.

My second baby Joshua (6 lbs, 9 oz) was 6 weeks of pre-term labor (bed rest), he ended up being 3 weeks premature anyway. I labored for 6 hours and pushed for 5 minutes. The doctor told me to stop pushing so she could get ready to catch him he came out so fast and he spent 10 days in the NICU.

My third baby Savannah (7 lbs) was induced 3 days before my due date becuase I had preeclampsia. She ended up being a breech delivery; I still delivered her natural because I was on my 3rd push when the doctor realized it. She was a total of 4 hours labor and 15 min of pushing. I loved each and every delivery. My husband say's I'm strange because I loved being in labor, I loved giving birth. Now that we are done having children, I can honestly say, I will miss it.
March 20th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Kimberley17's Avatar Veteran
I was VERY scared but once you're in the situation it goes much smoother from my experience. I had a wonderful labor/birth experience once I got the epidural. It allowed me to rest comfortably and enjoy everything. I wasn't in any pain but I was still able to feel some of what was going on. It was great!
April 10th, 2009, 08:53 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine went sooo fast and came so early that I didn't have time to be scared! She was 6 weeks early and even though I'd thought I was leaking amniotic fluid I was in no way expecting her to come when she did. I'd had an amnio done where they injected blue dye into my fluid to see if that's what I was leaking, and was told my water would be blue when it did finally break. My water broke twice in 2 big gushes 2 different days and was clear. Which explains why when I finally went into L&D in such incredible pain and was told I was already 8+cm and dialating fast, I was quite surprised. An hour later I was pushing and 17 minutes after that my little early bird was here! Not at all what I expected but such a fantastic birth experience.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
May 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
My first...I was induced at 37 weeks because I was developing Pre-E and couldn't get my BP under control. 16.5 hours long and as I expected....nothing freaky. I pushed for 20 mins it was great lol

#2....he was born 1 hour before his DD (he didn't wanna be a friday the 13th baby i guess. ) 2 hours and 42 minutes from the first REAL contraction til he was born...but the first HOUR of contractions didn't hurt...just mildly uncomfortable...and since I was induced with my first I really didn't think they were real contractions....when they finally got painful we headed to the hospital (an hour away) and had to stop for gas on the way because my husband is a moron...he left my truck empty. By the time we got to the hospital I was fully dilated and having a huge urge to push...I wasn't sure we were even gunna make it....The dr didn't make it before he was born....the nurse delivered him...we pulled in the parking lot at the hospital at 10:40pm....Levi was born at 11:00pm lol it was DEFINALTY not how I had planned...I was scared with the first....the second time I was really mainly just scared we weren't gunna make it to the hospital

May 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Both of my L&D's were great and fairly smooth except they both had meconium. So I was closely monitored. With DD1 it was a longer labour but with DD2 it was pretty quick. I felt great afterwards and felt like I never had a baby and was moving and up. I had an epi with both and didn't feel a thing when it went in. Mind over matter for sure!

I'm sad that Maddie was our last baby. I loved being pg and delivery.
June 1st, 2009, 02:02 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Yes and no.

I was so sure I was going for vag delivery. I could have too since both boys were head down. I kind of chickened out. i get spinal headaches that flare up under lots of pressure and I get really weak. I was afraid that would happen to me. Over all, I'm happy I did a c-section, but some times, I wonder if I missed out on a really special event. I was nervous. Not so nervous of the labor, but how at that moment, my life was going to change. I have been in the hospital before and left as my own person. In this case, I was going in as my one and only self that I've grown up with for 35 years, and leaving as a mom of two little boys that I will have as a part of me and my responsibilities for the rest of my life. Kind of scary for someone used to being on her own for so long.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 9th, 2009, 08:46 AM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
Mine was nothing like I expected. I wound up with a csection because she was breech when I went into labor. It had never crossed my mind that I would need one. I was really glad that I got to experience most of my labor though. They didn't take me back for the csection until I was in transition. Neither labor or the csection was as bad as I had expected. So I was really happy with the way things turned out.

June 9th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Snow Mami
Mine was great. Not 100% how I expected but in a lot of ways better!
Thought I would go late- Went a week early
Wanted to try Drug/epi free- Did it
Because of the other births in my family I thought I would be in labour for ~12 hours, water breaking near the end and push for 1-2 hours- My water broke and then I had contraction, hard labour was only 3 hours (the first 3 hours were not painful just cramps) and I pushed for 4 hours
Thought I would have a small tear- Had none thanks to my Dr and nurses with their constant warm compress and mineral oil massage!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search