Snarky comments

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You get these? What kinds? What do you do about them?

February 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
So far I have gotten some from my MIL on how I want to raise our baby. I pretty much blow them off. Some I do go off on her about but most just let go.

Do not mention on FB
February 16th, 2009, 07:14 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I tend to blow them off and gripe about them later

February 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I get a lot of comments about the fact I have FOUR kids..umm ok???

February 17th, 2009, 06:17 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
What's wrong with having 4 kids? I'm one of 4, it's great!

I really don't get any to be honest. Everyone thinks she's a boy, but that's about it.

February 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
We get a lot of comments like "just wait 'til..." Some are from people that have btdt and some are from people who haven't. We have a different parenting philosophy than many parents around us. People who have btdt think that we will encounter the same problems they did or we will have to change our minds and do things like they did. Maybe they feel like we're looking down on them for their choices so they're discounting our thoughts as uninformed. I guess people who haven't btdt just see all the others who have and assume things have to go the same way. I don't know why people feel the need to those kind of comments (you'll change your mind, that will never work, just wait 'til you get there...)

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
March 14th, 2009, 10:18 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
usually it's about him having a pacifier at 3.5................and it used to always be from my sister. that is until I made sure to point out her 6yo still sucks his thumb. at least I can take away the pacifier. i don't normally make snarky comments like that, but after hearing "he'll talk more without the pacifier" for the umpteenth time, I'd had it. OF COURSE he'll talk more.....he'll also scream more and then I have to explain to strangers why my 3.5 yo doesn't communicate as well as most 2yo.

March 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
*Britt*'s Avatar Veteran
I get some because I'm so young. I guess because I'm 19 (I'll be 20 next month) there's no way I could be a good mom.

Losing the baby weight... and then some

March 16th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Michigan Momma's Avatar Just Chillin'
Send a message via Yahoo to Michigan Momma
I get a lot but right now the biggest one is, your to young to have two kids, you don't know what your doing, young people make stupid decisions, and why didn't you abort or put them up for adoption?

I normally get really irritated by these and I point out that just because I am young doesn't mean anything, in fact I know plenty of older people that know less then I do. I'm proud to be a young mom and it's none of your business. When people mention abortion or adoption I walk away and really rant about it to someone when I get home, it ticks me off more then anything.
March 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I rarely get them, but if I do they are usually from my MIL and I got them more with my 3 year old when he was a newborn than I do have him and my youngest, Robert. I usually just say ok and do what I want anyhow.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

April 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get them from people because of our 7 year age gap between the kids. I usually point out the benefits and tell people its something that was intended and well thought out......Not that we have to explain ourselves but i hate it when people think the big gap is a 'problem' or an 'oops'.
April 25th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I get lots about being a single parent..... in the beginning I let it get to me, but now I just ignore it.. or try to anyway!

July 1st, 2009, 05:15 AM
Veteran
usually asking if my baby is comfortable in the sling, in one of "those voices" that tell you they don't think your child is. I get this comment usually while child is passed out in the sling, so it makes no sense that they even ask. I just tell them the truth.

Yes, he is very comfortable. He falls asleep almost instantly every time I put him in. Now when he sees me get out the sling he runs over to me putting his arms up to indicate he wants in.
July 4th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That I still BF my 2.5 year old. I get if he is old enought to ask for it then its time to wean him.
August 1st, 2009, 07:01 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Munchkin Maker, As a mother of five, with my 6th on the way, I get alot of snotty comments too.

Like I just left a message board due to the judgement of large families and I get alot of the same in my real life.

What are some of your comebacks? I may have to borrow a few

Last edited by Indymommy7; August 1st, 2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: misspelling!
August 3rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
pictureunrelated's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin Maker View Post
I get comments daily about me having 5 kids. I have a nice set of snotty replys , and so do my kids lol!
Goodness, are those your children in the pictures in your signature? They are all so beautiful!!! You should start a modeling agency lol
August 20th, 2009, 03:09 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get a lot of comments about having all girls (four and another on the way). I would LOVE some help thinking up comebacks to these comments!!!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
August 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM
AmandaR
I get a lot about how close in age my kids are (less than 14 months) and a lot about how we are lucky we have the perfect family and don't have to have more kids (because people obviously know we only wanted a boy and girl, good thing people know more about me and DH than we do).
August 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I have 5 and I figure if they are going to rude to me, I can be rude to them. Turn about is fair play but I can come up with things pretty quick that will embarrass them very badly and make them think twice about asking things like that ever again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search