Do you or Will you...?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
KendallsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KendallsMommy Send a message via Yahoo to KendallsMommy
Let your LO sleep with a blanket? I don't. I'm too afraid she'll pull it up over her face! I just keep it warm and keep her well clothed.

Thanks to pattyandthemoos for my beautiful siggy (:
March 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Kimberley17's Avatar Veteran
My son is 11 months and I still put him to sleep in a sleep sack. The doc says no blankets but I know some still do. I've been tempted a couple times since he is mobile now but I'd still worry so I haven't done it. The risk is not worth it IMO.
March 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 20 month old sleeps with his blankie. Its a small one and he is old enough to move around so he won't suffocate himself. Its pretty safe once they are able to crawl very well.
March 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
My boys sleep with a blanket every night, but kick it off after about 30 - 45 minutes

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

March 24th, 2009, 12:49 PM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first she didnt get a blanket til she was almost a year I think but she has always just kicked it off after she fell asleep. Hannah on the other hand sleeps with a couple blankets. She usually is swaddled with her arms out and then she has her soft blanket that she snuggles with. She likes to pull it over her face even with her little bear blanket. That scares me so I check on her several times plus she sleeps in my room.

March 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
my dd is almost 4 months and she dont like the blanket..she kicks it off..

April 2nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Ayden slept with a light receiving blanket. I tucked the sides of it under her body and only pulled it halfway up her chest. She never pulled it up over her face.

Chad sleeps with a bit of a heavier blanket because he doesn't like being cool too much. I tuck it into his sides, too, and I haven't had a problem with him pulling it up.

April 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
yup, Abey has to or she won't sleep.

April 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
we live in Florida nad have our a/c on most of the time. I don't think we even turned our air on this winter. So, our place is fairly cool (80 degrees) year round.

Anyway, I do put a blanket on Henry. He's usually swaddled with a blanket over that.

April 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Regular
Carrie has to have blankets to sleep. Molly has a light blanket we put over her.
April 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do put a blanket over Grace but she's always swaddled in her swaddle blanket and barely moves when she sleeps.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
April 25th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby was good in that she liked being swaddled until she was 6 months old, so I usually swaddled her & put a woolen blanket over her - usually she'd wake up in the morning & would have kicked it off...

After she stopped being swaddled she'd sleep in the sheets as usual, and I would put the blankets on her, but always used 'breathable' blankets. She never had a quilt/bedspread while she was in her cot though

May 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM
Loving my Baby
She sleeps in sleep sack or just her footsie PJs

Our IVF miracles:

Brianna Marie Johnson Born 1/30/2009 at 6lbs 9 oz and 19 1/2 in
Aryanna Michelle Johnson Born 2/10/2011 at 8lbs 7Oz and 20 inches

May 2nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
We always used a blanket, well when it was too hot we skipped it but I think that from when she was 3-4 months we started using it every night. It's a fairly light weight blanket. She never pulled it on herself but she did kick it off a lot. During the coldest months we put a thicker one in it's place but made sure to tuck that one under the mattress so she wouldnt be able to pull it. She usually crawls from underneath it. We've never had any scary situation with a blankie. Up until couple of months ago I would also check on her every 30-60 minutes (the intervals got longer as she got bigger) and she has always slept right next to me in the crib or in the bed with me (not sharing my blanket until recently due to safety concerns).

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok
May 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I swaddle Maddie and put a blanket on her as well. It still gets cold here at night and she hates to be cold. With Makenna I also swaddled and used a blanket. Now she sleeps with a blanket on her own.
May 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Regular
My daughter is 18 months old and she won't sleep unless she has a blanket and her stuffed animals. but she is EXTREMELY mobile
June 1st, 2009, 01:48 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I was wondering about this. My mother knitted them a couple of blankets. They were too small for them to be swaddled in them when they were born, but they'd be great as blankies. They have their crib toys which includes two loveys (a Pooh/Tigger miniature stuffed toy with a 5x5 inch blanket attached to it and a Gund dog blanket that's about a foot or foot and a half long). Cameron also has the giraffe blankie (shorter than the Gund dog), a stuffed penguin that he would not stop fussing for every time he went to bed (we gave in and let him have it. It's large and firm so it wouldn't disrupt his breathing) and a very small dachshund. Kiefer also has that same dachshund toy but nothing else. They both also have about 4 pacifiers laying in their crib for when they want to soothe themselves...it works perfectly!

So they don't need the blankets at this time, but I'd hate to waste a really nice gift. It is nice to know that they could use them if they wanted to. They are both VERY mobile in their cribs. I probably will give them the knitted blankets at some point soon. I think I'll also give Kiefer the giraffe. It seems so unfair that Cameron gets so many!!! He doesn't love his giraffe as much as the other toys.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog

Last edited by TheyGrowLikeWeeds; June 1st, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search