Changing your own opinion on things?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
What parenting philosophy have you changed since becoming a parent?

For me, it's all about the pacifier. I used to think that it was so bad for kids over the age of 2 to have them. Now, my almost 4yo still has it. I understand now why some parents (like me) choose to keep them and let the child get rid of them. Kind of along the same lines as PTing. Let them decide. Sam's actually pretty good about just giving me his paci when he doesn't want it. It's a soother for him. When he gets overstimulated, he wants it and his puppies to go hide somewhere away from the commotion. I don't see an issue with that.

May 16th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Since becoming a mom I've changed my mind on waking a sleeping baby. That's just insanity!!! I've also learned to pick my battles with a toddler and go with the flow. I've also changed my views on extended nursing and co-sleeping and learned you do what you have to do to get sleep and keep peace in the house.
July 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
I have changed on co-sleeping. I have learned that whatever gets you sleep at night is great as long as you are happy. We co-slept for a short time for from 20 months to about 28 months because when DH was on 3rd shift for the two months our jobs over lapped (I had to be at work at 5a and he got home at 6a We had a family member living with us) Will got used to sneaking in bed with me when he was tired. When DH switched to days, it got way too crowded and we were loosing sleep. We had to put him on a routine and in his own bed.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

July 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Veteran
I used to be very very very pro vaccinating, now I'm not. I'm not anti vaccinating either though, we just don't do them anymore.

I used to think I would just put my kids to bed at night in a crib, but we ended up co-sleeping and I learned so much about it I'm glad we did.

I never thought I'd have a natural birth, until I got pregnant lol.

Oh also, I never thought I would breastfeed. I didn't even know there was such a thing lol. Once I heard about it though I knew there was no way I could do it any other way.

I'm pretty laid back - I think my philosophies only changed because before I didn't really know what the options were, so I was assuming option 1 thinking it was the only option. As I learned more options and educated myself there were something where option 1 was what I wanted to do, and some things where one of the new options struck my fancy instead
July 4th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well my parenting style changed after Jonathan. I used to be in the middle of TP and AP. I would let Jay CIO for a little. It only lasted about 10 minutes. There were times he would get up and scream when the sirens would go off at the firehouse and he would freak out. He was super sensitive to noises.

After Having Jonathan I am definatly practice AP. We co sleep now with both boys. There has been no CIO and I have become very much pro BF. I used to think BF a 2 or 3 yr old was weird but things changed after I had Jonathan.
August 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM
AmandaR
I became VERY pro Car Seat Safety and Extended Rear Facing after having DD.

There is nothing I've done I didn't think I would do, but I was pretty laid back about everything. I never thought I would cloth diaper but I did for a few months (couldn't continue doing diaper laundry after I got pregnant again, gotta love M/S).
August 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Snowpeas
I never thought I would be a cloth diapering mama but really liked it and plan to do it with this one too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search