Traveling with children tips

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 01:48 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Post your best tips for traveling with children.....can be long or short, on cruises, by car, air or train.

After just doing a 1200 mile trip by car with a 3.5 yo and a 3 mo, I'd love to hear what I could have done "better".

May 27th, 2009, 01:33 PM
BraydensMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to BraydensMama Send a message via Yahoo to BraydensMama
Oh wow, that's a long trip! I hope it went well.

I could use some advice on this, too. Recently he's been alright for the 45 minute trip to the lake but my two year old used to get really impatient. It's not that long so I am definitely worried about going longer distances.
May 27th, 2009, 02:49 PM
mom2baylee&levi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2baylee&levi Send a message via Yahoo to mom2baylee&levi
ok we try to do alot of road trips...my daughter has been on SEVERAL long trips...

PORTABLE DVD PLAYER.....but don't bust it out until the kiddos start to get restless
my daughter also plays her leapster in the truck....kinda pricey items but DEFINATLY WORTH it if you have a LONG LONG trip or travel very often

Keep snacks in the vehicle....it's easier than stopping everytime somone needs a drink or gets hungry....

we start our trip VERY early like 3-4 am....sooo the kids sleep the first stretch.....by the time they get up we stop somewhere for breakfast....get the kids dressed...fed...and let them run around a bit..... this makes for a good start to the next leg of the trip

we also let the kids determine how far we make it each day.....a trip that we used to make EASILY in one day pre kids....now usually takes us close to two full days....counting breaks from driving soo the kids can run some energy off....and stopping for the night instead of driving straight on

I also play age appropriate games with the kids....with my two year old we look for colors......count houses that we pass......look for anything that she can easily recognize....sometimes we sing silly songs.....

those are my MAIN tips....but if I think of any more I will post again

May 28th, 2009, 04:18 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Totally stopping in since this caught my eye on the main board. I'd like to invite you ladies over to Traveling Mommies. We travel all the time and would love to chat with you.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search