Am i going to need a double stroller??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies! I am a member of the November 2006 Playroom and now, the February 2010 DDC. I cruised over here to ask your opinion on whether I am going to need a double stroller or not.....My daughter will be a few months past 3 when this baby is born. Do you think I will use a double often enough to warrant it? Or should I just get another single? I have to get a new stroller either way. Thanks for any input!!!!!

July 27th, 2009, 05:42 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Mine are just a little farther apart than yours are. I didn't get a double initially because I didn't think I'd want or use one. Boy, was I wrong. Now I don't have one because it just won't fit in the trunk of my car (Saturn SL2). I've resorted to harnessing my 4yo and putting hte baby in the stroller with the harness attached.

I think the best way to weigh out needing/wanting one is to figure how frequently you might be on your own with both kids. My husband and I are separated geographically, so I'm doing a lot on my own during the week (we spend weekends together).

If I'm out with my husband or my parents, the baby goes in the Snap-n-Go and my 4yo goes in the umbrella stroller. (he's delayed, so he's more like a 3yo than 4yo)

They're a monstrosity, but I know they're getting more and more lightweight. Try out a few in the store. Talk to moms on the multiples board for recommendations.

Good luck, keep us posted!!

August 20th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Erinmarie83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would get one. Three is still young and chasing a three year old with a baby could be a nightmare.

Graco has two different models, the Duoglider and the Quattro version. I preferred the Duoglider bc the front seat seems bigger (esp for a 3 yr old) and the sun visors are bigger (very important in Florida). Its more lightweight, had easier access to the basket below (which is HUGE) and it folds up with one hand. It takes some getting used to. I havent tried mine out in public yet but practiced opening, closing and carrying and its long but not too bad.

The duoglider is very affordable too and is compatible with all graco carseats which is a huge plus! The carseat fits nicely AND the one in front can recline (the Quattro, not so much, the front seat BARELY reclines).

Good luck!

Thanks to HeatherW for my gorgeous siggy

Check out my handmade bows on Etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Erinmarie83

August 20th, 2009, 12:13 PM
AmandaR
I got one, but mine are only 13.5 months apart. We got the Maclaren Twin Techno and I LOVE it. It holds up to 55lbs a seat so it might be a good choice if you do get one. It's very sturdy but not super heavy (as light as double strollers can be I guess) and it's so easy to use and manuevar. Really, I play with the stroller in the living room all the time.
August 20th, 2009, 03:17 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got one. My kids were all 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years apart. It's a good thing, but it's big and heavy and hard to get through aisles in stores. But, much easier than chasing around a child.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search