Qotd 8/19

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2009, 08:13 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
If you have more than one child, what order do you put your kids into the car if you're taking them somewhere without another adult?

August 19th, 2009, 09:02 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I put my 1 yr old in the car first, my 2 year old is less likely to put something in his mouth outside the van.. lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
August 19th, 2009, 10:00 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
umm...
Zach puts himself in and buckles himself, I put Ryan in and generally put Bella in last. Really its more like both boys get in by themselves while I place Bella's seat on the floor of the van. Zach buckles himself, I buckle Ryan, then set Bella's in her seat's base.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
August 20th, 2009, 12:18 PM
AmandaR
Is it sad I've been thinking about this already and wondering if there was a "right" way to do it??

I guess Liam will go in first since I will be holding them, and I'm hoping Reagan can climb in and then I can buckler her (not sure though, she'll be rearfacing still).
August 20th, 2009, 02:12 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tell them all to get in and then I put Natalie in. When this baby comes, I'll have to see what's easier, putting Natalie in first or the new baby.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
August 20th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Snowpeas
I haven't thought about it yet...hmm.
August 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
We used the buddy system for a long time and there are days we still need it. The older ones would help the younger ones.

When I only had 2 or 3 of the kids at a time, one would hold my hand while I carried the baby car seat in the other. If the weather was decent, I'd put the baby seat on the ground, help the other one in, get the baby in and then snap the toddler in.

August 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christian is 4, his seat is in the middle. He climbs in and over Chloe's seat. Then i help Chloe climb in and buckle her and then help Christian if his buckles arent agreeing with him (that is getting hard with my growing belly). Cameron ( the unborn) will sit on the other side of Christian. Once he gets here I will open the side for Christian and Chloe to get in, walk around to Cameron's side, put him in and then go back to the other side to help them with buckles.
November 4th, 2009, 05:21 AM
cakelady's Avatar :)
We just have one.
November 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I don't have an order so much as a position. Cameron is behind the passenger so he can look out of the window facing left (he's got torticolis and a little flatness on the back of his head and needs to practice turning left). He looks out of the window more than look at his brother sitting to his right. Kiefer is behind the driver because of where Cameron has to stay.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
November 6th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
put in Trinity to her carseat and buckle her in.. Braxton gets in his booster and buckles himself and Walker gets in whenever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search