sippy cups question????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Veteran
Help please!!! I am from the December 2008 playroom... Emily won't take a sippy cup. I have tried the avent one, one with a straw, and the take and toss kind (b/c it has no valve). She may take one sip but is done after that. I have only put water in it and tried formula a couple of times. She just doesn't like it. Did your child like it right off? Do I need to get a trainer cup? Should I just not worry about it? Just wanted some advice...

October 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Snowpeas
My daughter would not take one for the longest time either. We just kept introducing it to her. We used a Nuby beginner sippy cup with a soft spout and it took several months before she would drink from it. We just kept offering it every day.
October 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
AmandaR
We tried for MONTHS, sippy after sippy. She finally took the Take and Toss ones (first try...never thought to try the cheap sippies). I say keepy trying. One thing for us, she wouldn't take water or juice in them at first, we had to do formula like her bottles. Good luck!
October 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
aussiemummy
I say keep trying as well. Everytime she eats I would put a sippy cup next to her. Eventually she'll get it
October 22nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Olivia+Josiah View Post
My daughter would not take one for the longest time either. We just kept introducing it to her. We used a Nuby beginner sippy cup with a soft spout and it took several months before she would drink from it. We just kept offering it every day.

we did these for our oldest and never really did another kind for a while. he finally took the playtex ones.

our 8 mo doesn't want anything to do with them yet.

October 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
My mother did somethign I didn't like much, but it worked. I used the straw sippy cups. Because of this, I was able to sip a little into the straw and offer it to my boys. They'd taste that there was formula in there and would continue to drink. I'd also only offer them in the morning at first cause that's when they were most hungry, and they were more likely to continue drinking the formula despite how it was offered then. I'd continue to offer the sippy cups until they started to drink the entire bottle. Cameron hated the sippy cup at first, but eventually gave in and would drink from the sippy. Then I'd switch their afternoon drinks and then night time.

The point is, don't give in. Just continue to offer and try to insist. Some people say don't give them bottles and go cold turkey. Meaning they'll have no choice but to drink from the sippy if they are thirsty enough.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
November 4th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She wasn't too happy about it at first either. I have it with us always when she eats and after eating i tell her 'water?' and give it to her. I think it is beginning to sink in what it is, what it contains and how it's used, because now after dinner she always grabs it and tries to drink. She sometimes manages alone, but she still needs help. We use the avent one. Tried 3 before that, she wouldn't have them .....give her time.....

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

November 6th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
It took some time for them to get used to them.. They wanted to drink out of big cups like everyone else.. And when they are at home they have been since they were 2. But when we are at families it is a sippy..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search