orangization help!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 08:17 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My house is so far from organized. My house isn't trashed. But I find that my ability to not find things is wearing off on my kids. I find their homework all messy and crumbled in their book bags. Any advice to keeping from craziness with 4 kids ages 10, 7, and 2 year old twins?
April 13th, 2010, 08:31 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sorry for the late reply. The only time I did great at being organized was when I was doing fly lady. I was getting the house cleaned and files filed. I know some people get overwhelmed with her system but I just do what I can and leave the rest. I found getting the kids involved helps. I have them help me clean their rooms and put clothes away. It doesn't seem like alot maybe 5 min (they are 3 and 5) but it seems to help them to want to do it more often. Its a constant struggle . My house is not perfect and I fall away from the system alot. But it helps. Good luck I hope you find something that works. Let us know what ends up working for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 24th, 2010, 12:50 PM
missmich
FlyLady is good,but can be to much to take on. I'd advise against signing up for the reminders. They just clog my inbox! Have a look at her site and adapt it to you and use what works for you.

I think the kids should have a spot for their homework and make sure that's where it is at all times. Actually a place for everything and everything in it's place is a good motto!

I like to go through things and declutter on a regular basis so that things don't get to be to much for me.

I'm doing this before my move in one week and before my baby arrives in September!
April 24th, 2010, 03:00 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yeah all the reminders are annoying. I delete everything but the daily mission. I like the fact that everything is based on 15 min. I can do anything for 15 min .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 19th, 2010, 07:16 PM
filing cabinets and extra shelves are your friend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search