speaking of wills..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To BTDT Moms Advice for New Moms LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2005, 07:17 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
if something happened (God forbid) to you and your partner who would get your kids and why???
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
May 18th, 2005, 07:19 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
I don't have a will (need to do that) but if something happened to Josh and I my cousin and her husband or my mil would probably get my kids. I keep telling Josh that we need to get this in writing so there are no problems if it ever did come to it. I would hate for my kids to get split up in foster care just b/c we did not take care of it.
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
May 18th, 2005, 01:24 PM
writinghoosier's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to writinghoosier Send a message via Yahoo to writinghoosier
We actually selected our best couple friends. There's nothing wrong with our family, but we looked at who could provide the most consistency for them... same schools, same way of being raised, same expectations and values and most important, encouragement to be independent and explore their passions. In this case, our best friend's family is as close to us as our own families. Due to a custody issue, we celebrate all the holiday's on the second Saturday of the month... so for Christmas or Easter or Thanksgiving, we head to their family gathering and are treated like one of the kids. In fact, I was in a car accident last week and am in my second trimester. We didn't call too many people... there was really no reason to get everyone worried, but I did go to the ER and wouldn't you know it, DH's best freinds dad was mad that we didn't call him as soon as I got there and came to stay with me at 1am. So, while they're not blood, I guess they're still family.

Thanks for the link, ~Cupcake~!
May 22nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister Peggy with her husband and 3 kids.

She lives 20 minutes away, parents much the same way we do, has young kids, and is financially able to take on more kids if she had to.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
June 19th, 2005, 05:32 PM
megan
my father and step mom would get my son if something happend before the new baby arrived. Only because my son is completely head over heels inlove with my dad. and they can provide and excelent life for him.
But after the baby is born i'm not sure who both my son and the baby would go to. i would want them to go to my parents still only because i know they can afford travel for the baby to see my husbands parents. but that i'd have to talk to my husband more about. haven't thought too much about it so far.
June 22nd, 2005, 07:42 AM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My brother and sister in law. They love kids (they had three kids (a set of twins) all under 18 months or something like that) and they would raise him the same way they are rasing there kids. Plus they would push him to be who he wants to be not what others want him to be. (the rest of my family would do that and i want him to be who he wants to be)
June 28th, 2005, 07:00 AM
LouLouMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousin. She is a kindergarten teacher, stable life, same morals and values as us and is extremely responsible, they are very close to her too. She isn't married (yet) but has a serious, stable relationship and they are planning to get married. We have made sure that we have enough life insurance, etc so that no one has to worry about finances if something happens to us. Our choice was based on whomever would raise our children the same way we would and who they have a close relationship with now.

Angel~9/12/05~with us for 5 weeks</span></span></span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search