mid term miscarriages

Pregnancy Loss & TTCAL Info Spot

Information on pregnancy loss, grief, coping, ttcal & more.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Loss & TTCAL Info Spot LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I've had a few miscarriages in the past few years. One or two were early on (10 weeks and 5 weeks) But the others were mid-term. Always between 16-18 weeks. I really wish I could figure out what happens at that time. It's really late for losing I think. And the fact that it happens every time is strange to me. I know the sex is determined around then, I just can't think of what else major would happen that the baby would be fine and my insides looked okay but the babys heart stops beating. I'm pretty numb to it now. Of course anytime I am pregnant I want to enjoy it when I am and i try to be happy about it but of course im sure you all know it's not that easy. The last time I was pregnant I finally got to take the nausea pills and they are a god send. I would get morning sickness so bad that I'd be stuck in bed and could hardly eat.

So I should be going back for tests in the next few weeks, which tests I'm not really sure, but to see if they can tell what's going on. I've read they might not find anything. I know they'll dye inside my uterus to check it out but an ultrasound tech did check once and said it looked fine. So we'll see. I know i don't have the blood clotting because they did check for that. The babies seemed fine too. So we'll see.
February 25th, 2012, 10:25 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for your loss's, what a tragic life you have had so far. I pray that your future holds your little rainbow baby for you, and very soon at that.

As for 2nd. trimester loss's....sounds like you have never had your baby's autopsied? Without testing done on them, it would be really hard to guess as to why your baby's hearts just stop beating. I would think genectics at that point, especially if you have had your blood checked for clotting. But there are alot of RPL (repeated loss) test's that can be done, besides blood clotting factors......like auto immune disease's, infections, more in debth clotting disorders.....Im surprised after your first 2nd. trimester loss they did not do more testing.

Praying they can pin point what the issues are so you can hold your baby one day very soon.
February 26th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Thank you. I haev a daughter she's 8. Her pregnancy was fine but every one after that i lose. The first one that they could have autopsied they couldn't. she has take in some fluid so she didn't really have skin to check the doctor said. The others they had taken out while I was under. I think they had done some other testing on something but afterwords I was in those places where I was mad at everything and just didn't want to have any more. Thankfully that goes away in time and I want them for sure just not at those moments.

I was wondering about the genetics because it was always with the same person. I'm not anymore so I was hoping that might be the fix.
February 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm very sorry for your loss Come introduce yourself in the main part of the TTCAL forum (this is a less frequented sub-forum) when you're ready ((HUGS))

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I'm very sorry for your losses. It could be genetics or other causes. I'm surprised they haven't gone more in depth with testing yet. I hope they can do some testing and figure out what is going on. And please come over to the main board. The ladies there are amazing and so full of information

Trying to Conceive after Loss - JustMommies Message Boards

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search