Friday Afternoon Challenge

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Scrap A Thon LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2010, 05:46 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad everyone is enjoying this challenge!

Chelsie, I love your composition and what a great idea for a letter, your appreciatiion for a part of her personality! I LOVE those colors together - teal, gray, and red, soooo pretty!!

Nissa, how creative to make the picture into a heart! Beautiful letter and layout!

January 9th, 2010, 06:23 AM
MrsStuartD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's mine:

Credits: Tracie Stroud - Dad's the man

Journaling:
Did you know that when we first found out we were pregnant with you we knew your name within 5 minutes? Kind of a funny story. I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t think I was pregnant but decided to take a pregnancy test anyway just to rule that out. I went upstairs and took the test and laid back down on the couch because I wasn’t feeling so good. Your dad went to check the test for me (because I was so sure I wasn’t pregnant) and he came in and said “Do you want to know what the test said?” Well I said “Sure I already know I’m not pregnant.” So he sat down beside me and said with a big smile “You’re going to be a mommy” I looked at him and instantly said “You read the test wrong!” So I went in a checked and sure enough he was right! I was so happy! I never would have thought I was pregnant but I was and it couldn’t have been a better surprise. After hugging and talking about how happy we were we started to talk names. Right away I said “If it’s a boy we name him Cameron David” and your dad agreed. Now why did we choose Cameron David as your name? That’s easy. Cameron is your dad’s middle name. He always wanted to change his name to it but never did. By giving it to you he was still using it, but instead of using it for himself he was giving it to his first born. His boy! David is named after my brother. Did you know I had a brother? He died before I was born. It was really hard on your grandparents to lose their only son. So I wanted them to know you would be a part of their lives and in honor of him I gave you his name. See your name is special. It’s from the heart and it means something to a lot of people. I hope you like it because I know your dad and I do.

Thanks Nicole (MommaDucks) for my new & awesome siggy.
January 9th, 2010, 07:35 AM
.adi.
awwww natalie that is so sweet!
January 9th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
I LOVED reading everyone's letters... these layouts made me cry! I went with both the idea of choosing Genevieve's name and telling her about someone in our family who passed away. Bonus points for the white heart and circle stitching.

Jessica ~ Mommy to Genevieve ~ Expecting #2 October 5th!

January 9th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Natalie - what a neat story, great layout!

Jess - what a sweet page! Love how soft it feels!

January 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue ŕ Canada
Here's Mine!

January 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's my entry. I am not 100% satisfied with the journaling but it is what it is It's a letter to my sons about being a young mommy.

January 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Melissa - I love that page!! Fantastic letter for Jacob to treasure forever! He is adorable in that Big Bro shirt!

Alisa - I've been really admiring your style on these pages, so cool and uncluttered and pretty!

January 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
All of these are sooo sweet! I love all the emotion everyone put into their letters. I went with a rather non-sentimental approach because I really didn't know what to write about!

January 9th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Jill, I think that's adorable! What a cute idea, writing it from your girls' point of view!

January 10th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
circle stitching for the extra point

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search