Reassurance

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2008, 04:43 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We went to visit my friend & co-worker yesterday. She had her first baby girl last month. I was holding the baby and even though she was beautiful, was so teeny, and slept the whole time we were there, I couldn't help but look over at my Leah, who is 6 months old, sitting up, holding her toys, and babbling and think, Gosh, I'm glad I'm done with this newborn stage!

Leah is only 5 months older than this new baby but I'll tell ya, I love where we are now and I look forward to where we're going with her. Granted, I know it's not that much of a time difference and it's not like Leah is 3 years old and I'm thinking this, but still... holding that baby just reminded me that yeah, I don't think I'm prepared to do this all over again. I was reassured in my decision.

Just made me feel a little more peaceful, I suppose.

October 13th, 2008, 06:19 AM
ErikaLovesTravel
Amanda, I completely understand where you're coming from.
Even though DH has had a vasectomy (which means we were 110% sure we are done) .. I still have those moments where I realize .."oh yeah.. I'm so glad I'm done!" I really don't miss that newborn stage, either. It's reassuring! And I agree that the difference between a newborn and 5 months is pretty significant! Just wait another 5 months and watch how different THAT is from now.. they do grow so quick. I can't believe Alexis is over 2 1/2 now!
October 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Lcoots's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
See Im totally opposite..I LOVE the newborn/baby stage..its when they turn 2 and start being mouthy I want to give em back..lol
October 14th, 2008, 02:31 AM
..Wendy..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cant stand the newborn stage either. I have a hard time holding other babies for some reason too. Its weird. I'm glad you got your reassurance! Every time Shane just screams for a reason unknown to me, or gets up all night to eat, that definately reassures me that I'm done!
October 14th, 2008, 07:13 AM
jeromysgrl's Avatar Veteran
I love the newborn stage, but like you I look at my kids now and they are self suffecent! They do not need me for every little thing. So to think of starting over just to have the new born stage again, so not worth it.

I am so glad that you feel more at peace with you decision. It is great to be reassured!

Quote:
See Im totally opposite..I LOVE the newborn/baby stage..its when they turn 2 and start being mouthy I want to give em back..lol[/b]
Too funny! I feel the same way! When they talk back man its hard! Trust me it gets worse!

October 15th, 2008, 05:31 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Every time Shane just screams for a reason unknown to me, or gets up all night to eat, that definately reassures me that I'm done![/b]
I hear ya! Even though I have a feeling Leah's going to be a big talker, I can't wait until I can communicate with her and she can tell me why she's crying/upset/hurting/hungry/etc. The guessing game drives me nuts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search