The Good, The Bad and The Painful!!

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2008, 07:06 AM
jeromysgrl's Avatar Veteran
Let's hear about your labor and delivery stories! You know you wanna tell 'em!

Cliffnotes of mine:

DS- Went into labor on my birthday, 7 days early!! 46 hours of labor! Most was done at home, I was a 9.5 when I went to the hospital. It only took 2 pushes to get him out. 7 lbs 15 oz 21 inches long.

DD- Induced 4 days early, 6 hours of labor (so much worse then DS!!!) three pushes with her! 8 lbs 20 inches.

October 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cliff notes version- DD was induced, I had GH. they thought she was 39 weeks along. After birth it was determined that she was 34 weeks, and had to be put on oxygen. I was induced at 2:00pm, the pitocin caused constant contractions for over 3 hours (no rest time at all, called titantic contractions). When I was ready to push it took 70 seconds and there she was! First thing that I thought was "wow she has big feet"

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
October 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Megan ~ 52 hours of back labor.........holy crap. Went to the hospital 3 times before my water broke and I could stay. She was 6 days late.....7lbs 1 oz....my worse experience....I'm surprised I had more kids haha! The drs also had to use the forceps to get her out (something went wrong and they had to RUSH to get her out) and she had bruising on her head......and I needed LOTS of stitiches in my cervix and vagina! Took them 40 minutes to sew me up!!!

Elijah ~ Dr stripped my membranes a few times...worked 3rd time.....12 hrs of labor....felt him come out though (epidural didn't work)...he was 10 days early..... 7 lbs 6 oz.....easiest labor.

Drew ~ dr again stripped membranes....thought I was in labor went to the hospital during snow storm. Walked halls for 5 hrs before they admitted me and decided to help me along w/ petocin. He was born 9 hrs later 7 lbs12 oz (my biggest baby!) born 9 days early

Josh ~ was due on Christmas Day....dr gave me the option to induce early b/c he wasn't going to be on duty Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. So went in on the 19th at noon. Got a pill put on my cervix which started labor! They gave some petocin too......contractions came so hard and fast they had to slow it down. Was horrible. He was born 13 hrs after I was admitted. 7 lbs 11 oz. He was 5 days early.

All babies only took 5 or so pushes to got out! thankfully I'm not one of those ladies that has to push for hours! I remember with Drew my dr saying...don't sneeze or he'll fall out! LOL!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
October 15th, 2008, 05:26 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Leah was 4 days late. Doc stripped my membranes the day before I was going to be induced to see if that could move things along. Went into labor on my own the night before being induced. Was only in labor for about 4 hours before an emergency c-section. Leah's heart rate was too high and when they broke my water, there was meconium in it. She ended up in the NICU because of meconium inhalation but luckily she was OK to go home with me after 4 days. She was 8lbs 5oz, 20in long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search