Please tell me this will pass...

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM
morebluethanpink
I had my last baby 12 weeks ago; the tubal ligation was done when she was 6 weeks old. I really have so many reAsons for being done - health, money, sanity .. and for the most part, I didnt really want more kids.. but lately i've been sad about no more babies. I mean, in reality i'm probably glad i can't have more since I'm having a hard time adjusting to 7 kids under 10 and some days my stress level is stretched to the max just trying to get through. But the other side of my brain apparently didn't get the message and is thinking "awwwwww, i want another baby"

I mean, not only is this crazy, it's not gonna happen. But that other part of my brain doesn't *get* it, and I'm wondering if i will always be sad about this? Please tell me this will pass? .. I wnt to be CONTENT and HAPPY that there'll never be another baby. Heck, i thought i was. What happened?
May 17th, 2010, 04:15 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure it will pass.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

May 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am sure that what you're feeling, is very typical, for a woman who has just had a tubal ligation. No matter how much we know, in our heads, that we are done - it is almost like a 'habit' of sorts, to look forward to having another baby, and to think fondly of pregnancy...

I am having my tubal in about 4 weeks & am expecting I'll go through similar feelings

May 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Its very typical to feel that way for many, many women.

I always said that its hard giving up something most women wanted from the time they were young girls.

If you think about it...most women have wanted kids since they were very small and then in just a few short years you get children and decide your family is complete and BAM its over. So many years waiting and wanting and so few to actually get done.

Takes a while to get that yearning out.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
morebluethanpink
you ladies are awesome, thanks!

Emma, are you having a c/s then, if you're having your TL done in 4 weeks? (my dr wouldn't do it until 6 weeks pp for a vaginal birth). Good luck with both!

Hillarie, that really does make sense. I figure something is "broken" inside me. lol I never wanted kids previously. Then when i was about 17 i wanted one. Then i had one, wanted two. Had two, wanted three.. ended up at seven .. it's like there will always be "one more" and my switch may never shut off lol FWIW, though, today is one of those days where I"m thinking I want two kids when I grow up.

I also jokingly think a few years will go by, i'll become content with no more babies, start enjoying having "older" children.. and my tubal will fail. Just becsaue my life is full of irony like that! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search