Do you regret your tubal?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If not for the permanency of not having any more, but do YOU have increased period pains, etc?

I'm SO confused. I know we are done...I am PA2L, and my heart and anxiety can't take this anymore. But will I regret the tubal? Are your periods more painful? Mine already are HEL L, but I've learned now that I don't have to live with that pain.
August 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine are hell ever since I had my tubal and for that reason alone I regret it. I have never had "normal" cycles though so I'm probably not anywhere near the "norm."

August 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
I haven't had any pain associated with my periods since having my tubal (nor did I have painful periods before the tubal), but I do spot for several days afterwards, now, and that wasn't typical before having my tubes tied. Still, I don't regret my decision!

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

August 12th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Mine were never pleasant before but they are not horrid now. Different but not bad.
I dont regret my tubal at all.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
August 14th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No regrets here either, I have no issues with anything because of my tubal.
September 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
mine got worse after the tubal, but mine was partially my thyroid to blame. Mine have always been bad, but i had an ablation and a hysterectomy since. (my tubal 2004, ablation 2007, Hyst 2008)
I still get horrible PMS, as my ovaries are still lurking

December 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
momtofaith's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurker here, I regret mine for all those issues, I have such painful heavy periods and then spot for another week after my periods, I had 3-4 day long easy periods before. I wake up with night sweats at least 3 nights a week that are easily as bad as postpartum ones. I just had to do a month long hormone test to try to figure out what exactly is going wrong since I had no problems prior to my tubal and now I have lots of issues, and I'm only 26.
December 15th, 2010, 05:55 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I do kinda regret my tubal. I know I'm done having children and don't want to be pregnant ever again, but the finality of it bugs me a bit, that my fertility is gone. It would have been better for me if DH had been snipped. Does that make any sense?

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

December 15th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to *Cheyenne*
Lurker just popping in!

I somewhat regret my tubal, I mean, with the problems I had with my last pregnancy it's probably best that my daughter was my last but at the same time, I too hate the reality of knowing that she was my FINAL child!

I also have had horrible pain while on my period, and I never had pain like this prior to my tubal, and that alone is my biggest reason for regretting my tubal!

**Thank you Tasha_Mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!**

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
December 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My situation is weird. I regret my tubal ONLY because I permantly can't have anymore kids, however, I don't want anymore. Does that make sense?

I had HORRIBLE cramps/pain when I had AF before I had kids, my OB warned me that it could be even worse after my tubal. I haven't had any horrible pains since, and its been 5 months since my daughter was born. Around O time, my overies hurt. I was sure it was my hip, but I made an appointment with my OB and he explained that it just feels like its my hips, when its probably just the pain from Oing, and transfering down to my hip. I just started to get a dull ache in my leg until about 2-3 days after AF. It has however prolonged my AF. It was consistantly 3 days from start to finish before, but its now 7-8 days now.
December 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
SuperMoM
Send a message via Yahoo to Motherof3
i dont regret mine. i had awful cycles before i got my tubal and now i only have one day that i really hurt.

December 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurselochia View Post
I do kinda regret my tubal. I know I'm done having children and don't want to be pregnant ever again, but the finality of it bugs me a bit, that my fertility is gone. It would have been better for me if DH had been snipped. Does that make any sense?
Makes total sense! I felt the same way. I knew I was done, was happy to be done, etc., yet just knowing that if I wanted to have more, the option was no longer there, was a little sad for a while. I'm over that now, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Got Pink~ View Post
My situation is weird. I regret my tubal ONLY because I permantly can't have anymore kids, however, I don't want anymore. Does that make sense?

I had HORRIBLE cramps/pain when I had AF before I had kids, my OB warned me that it could be even worse after my tubal. I haven't had any horrible pains since, and its been 5 months since my daughter was born. Around O time, my overies hurt. I was sure it was my hip, but I made an appointment with my OB and he explained that it just feels like its my hips, when its probably just the pain from Oing, and transfering down to my hip. I just started to get a dull ache in my leg until about 2-3 days after AF. It has however prolonged my AF. It was consistantly 3 days from start to finish before, but its now 7-8 days now.
Tiffany, I can still feel when I'm O'ing, too. It's pretty strange for me... knowing I'm O'ing but also unable to get pregnant.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search