Possibly Done?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm not 100% sure if we are done or not. DH and I have a baby girl who was born Oct 1st and an angel baby from Oct 09. I always thought that I wanted like 4 kids but after having Megan I've been slowly realizing that I don't know that I could do it. After having Megan I suffered through PPD and while I can't guarantee that I would get it after future pregnancies I'm almost too afraid of trying. My pregnancy itself wasn't too bad, I developed Pre-E at the very end and had a c-section because of breech positioning. My c-section recovery really wasn't bad which did surprise me. The only other reason I would be afraid of having more children is that I have a unicornate uterus and because of my 1st loss. I guess I would be afraid of having an Ectopic and losing my only tube. So right now we are using condoms and pull out method combined. DH doesn't want me to get a tubal for awhile so that way we can have time to discuss all of our options. Anyone else in a similar position?

February 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Veteran
Well, i have several more than 1 child, but my biggest peice of advice is: if you are not SURE you are done, DO NOT do anything permanent! Simply do. not. When i was pregnant with my fifth i talked to my OB about a tubal ligation and we were going to do it, but when he was born the mere thought of it made me burst into tears, and i didn't do it. I THANK GOD for that! I had two more kids after that, and now have that peace and contentment about it, i knew 7 was my number. It's been almost 10 months since my tubal and i am still 'okay' with it. (well, actually, i'm not, i wish i had never done it, but it is because of pain and such i've had since, not the part of not having kids, kwim?' ) But since i know the feeling of considering permanent b/c without truly FEELING done and the peace of knowing i'm done, there is a difference. If you have ANy doubt, (which you do), DO NOT DO IT!

jmho.
February 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in the process of scheduling my tubal because after thinking about things for fourteen months, I know that our family is complete with Katie. I had pretty much decided that as soon as she was born, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't fear making me feel that way. Originally, DH and I wanted 2-4 children but due to circumstances including our ages, we agreed that one is perfect for us.

February 2nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Thank you ladies for your advice! I think from what DH and I have discussed we might have one more in like 3 or 4 years and be done after that. I just don't know that I could put my body through it any more than that. Also I wouldn't make a permanent decision for a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search