Mommy's who have had their tubes tied, please read!!!

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my tubes tied 6.5 months ago when I had my daughter. AF returned at about 2 months PP. It was on a normal (for me) 32 day cycle. Well, my last AF was the begining of Dec. At the end of dec/begining of Jan, I had raw egg white like discharge, along with some slight spotting (mostly only when I wiped) I panicked. Took 1 test a week, all are neg. I feel pregnant. I have some slight stabbing like pains, but nothing too alarming. Its only once or twice every few days.
Has anyone else had an absent/weird cycle since having a tubal? Should I go see a dr? If I am pregnant (normal preg, not ectopic) would my hCG level still be lower? I heard that it can be lower, but I know its usually lower if its an ectopic.

I'm so confused with this.
January 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
I am not sure. I had my tubes done. My period varies sometimes its very heavy some times its barely there.
January 31st, 2011, 07:37 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi! I haven't had my tubes tied, but if you have any concerns, it's probably a good idea to check with your doctor. If it's just a strange cycle, then you can put your mind at ease. If it's something else, you'd want to get it checked out right away anyways.

Hope it all works out for you!

February 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran
Most women will have at least a few 'off' cycles in their lifetime, tubes tied or not. If you haven't been charting, it is possible you haven't even actually ovulated. Now, ectopic chances are higher with TL and hcg often is lower with ectopics; a normal pregnancy 'should' have higher hcg levels, but some women just have lower hcg even in normal pregnancies that continue to term.. i know, helpful, right? My OB did tell me that if i *thought* i was pregnant, i had to see them ASAP because of the high chances of ectopic (i have the clamps) .. so the best advice i can give you is go see your dr and maybe get a blood test or ultrasound done. GL!

Oh, i should add, my cycle lengths have changed periodically, but they're actually getting SHORTER not longer, and i have not missed a month.. i think the longest cycle was 38/39 days between AF, when my daughter was about 4/5 months old, with the average being 30-32 days.. but i definitely haven't gone two months without one!
February 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
My cycles have definately changed in that they are shorter in terms of full AF ... but I spot for several days afterwards, which I never did before. I'm not sure what's going on with you, but I have heard/read about it being common for women to still get pregnancy symptoms after having a tubal. I'd call the doc though, and ask about it!

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

February 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
AF has returned with a vengance! I feel SOOOO crabby, weak, and my legs are KILLING me. I am definatly making up for the blood loss as well!!!! ugh, I think I really miss not having AF for 9 months lol
February 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM
butterfly68's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry

I feel preggers almost every month since having my tl. Actually I coulda swore I was this month too, sore boobs, crampy, tired, nauseous the whole 9 yards.

My cycles are also average 31-33 days but I've had a few cycles go 41 - 49 days.

I hope this was a freak cycle for you and you wont end up feeling like that all the time like me

*Thankyou Kiliki for my wonderful siggy*

Nearly 7 months since I quit smoking!!
February 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM
jessjillmama's Avatar ***Staying Positive***
I feel for you! I just had a reversal done 2 months ago. I felt all kinds of issues when I would have periods. I always felt pregnant too. I would call your OB and make an appointment and go in. Your hormones are probably high. They will prob want u to take birth control pills. Mine got better with time but I found herbs that helped me. I also go cyst on my ovaries as well.
Ava Sept 14th 2007, Beaux Oct 3rd 2012
* Tubal reversal December 17th 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search