Hi...kind long.. need advice

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
Hi, I'm Silver, I just turned 25. I have a 3 yr old daughter, Sharlotte. I always told myself when I got pregnant with my daughter that that would be it. No more. I was on the pill/patch until my daughter was almost 2, then I got the IUD. It was perfect. I never got pregnant, never had to worry about it. I started having some stomach issues in December, they insisted I had to have the IUD removed. I had it removed December 15, 2010. I started my last AF on December 14, 2010. I have a roughly 35 day cycle. I ovulated somewhere between December 30 to January 3rd. Just going by cramping. I didn't have much EWCM in December. I am on cycle day 54. I'm not pregnant. I worried at first that I was. I had a couple of faint positives. I had blood work drawn >.01 so I know I"m not pregnant. I felt kind of relieved. I mean, when I had the false positive I was kind of excited. But now I"m wondering if that sense of relief means that I am happy I am not pregnant. Anyway, I"m on provera to bring on AF. I'm not feeling very AF-y. I stop the provera in 2 to 3 days. I'm really thinking strongly on getting my tubes tied. I know I"m only 25 and I do have thoughts of having another child, but I wonder if I can really deal with going through the baby stage again. I felt so much relief when my daughter finally completed potty training and I love that she's independent enough to do things on her own. I don't have to do everything for her. I guess I'm wondering what made you ladies decide that you were done. When and why you got your tubes tied? If that's not too personal a question.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

February 7th, 2011, 05:35 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I was going to get my tubes tied but DH told me not to. We have 3 kids and decided that 3 was enough. Our third is a very stubborn child and the thought of having another baby while dealing with him scares me. DH is going to eventually have a vasectomy, we are just being very careful right now.

February 7th, 2011, 08:41 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH & I haven't done anything permanent yet since I still have my IUD for another 3 years. But we decided, for both financial and emotional reasons, that one child is right for our family. (Like you, we don't think we could handle the infant phase again.)

If there's still a part of you that isn't sure though, I would hold off on doing something permanent for the time being.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search