Question about Mirena

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Been lurking around on this forum. I've been on the site for a few years now though. I'm scheduled to go in for my Mirena this Wednesday and i'm apprehensive and unsure what to expect. Anyone had it done? Is the procedure very painful during and after? Also has anyone had an issue during or after sex? I'm concerned about it coming out or the string causing some uncomfortable feeling for me or dh. Is there anyone who can give me details on what IU can possibly expect? I was considering going back on the progesterone only birth control, since i'm breastfeeding its all i can take, but I got pregnant with our last one while on them and I'm afraid to go there again since we just don't want anymore kids. And I dont want surgery so a tubal is out the question and dh is too afraid to get snipped. So any advice or info?

April 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never used it so can't answer but the ladies on the Birth Control Board may be able to help.

Birth Control - JustMommies Message Boards

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

May 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
mznikkieynkay's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i didnt hv the Mirean ut i had the Parguard and LOOOOOOOOOVEd IT!! it didnt hurt when they put it in and i really forgt about it becz it was jus was apart of me,i the begining i thought my dh would b ale to feel it but he said he couldntit didnt mess with my MS or nothing they tell u to chk it evry month aftr ur MS but i fogt all about it and noting ever happend while i wason it for 8 yrs and i only took it out bcz i was ttc but endd up in an accident where i broke my hip and pelivs,i dnt want to discourage u but i heard too many complaints about the Mirena but u jus gtta find out how it treats u bcz u kno eveybody is different

thanks graysMama for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search