Does anyone here get others telling you that you should have more children?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2011, 10:55 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I do all the time. Bugs me to no end!
September 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
I actually had a friend that always told me I should have more kids, just because she thought I was cute when I was pregnant and I had such easy pregnancies.
September 1st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not seriously. Then again, we have 3 total plus we babysit 2 and had a foster daughter briefly..... We don't need more of our own, we borrow other people's. LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
September 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes. We get told that we should try for a boy. BTDT.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mellie - HUGS. People are so insensitive.

I get told over and over how my son will be lonely. Like I am going to keep him away from all other children.

Oh and the best one was from my aunt who told me if she had another child it would be easier to deal with what she is going through with my cousin (drug addict in jail). What a terrible reason to have a child! Can you imagine? Yes,m we are having another child in case this one over here turns out to be a drug addict in jail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennhowru View Post
I actually had a friend that always told me I should have more kids, just because she thought I was cute when I was pregnant and I had such easy pregnancies.

Because we all know that raising the child is the easy and cheap part, right? ;D
September 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope I get the opposite-How do you handle five? And the ever popular"Don't you know what birth control is?" People are annoying!

Thanks Chelsea (Graysmama) for my awesome siggie!
September 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know why some people seem to think that how many children some else has is any of their business. Or how closely or far apart spaced they are.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennimomof4 View Post
Nope I get the opposite-How do you handle five? And the ever popular"Don't you know what birth control is?" People are annoying!

Unbelievable!!

When I was pregnant with Aubrey, the store I was working at changed ownership, and the new owner must have thought we had 20 some odd kids at home because he had the ba!!s to ask me one day "So have you figured out what's causing this yet?"
September 9th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I have gotten the "arent you gonna try for a girl" a couple of times but its never bugged me, I kinda expected to get those comments.

Noone bugs us to have more cuz we were older to begin with when we had our boys and I dont get bugged about the amount cuz 3 seems to be an ok amount for most...not too big nor small I guess LOL.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Hi girls! I just found this forum, so I hope it's alright to just jump in.

I get this a lot, especially since we only have our daughter Betsy. Everyone wants to know if we're going to have more kids. I give them a polite answer -- I usually just say something about being happy with just one -- and then I usually get responses like "Oh, you're only in your mid 30s, you still have time!" and "You say that now, but you'll change your mind". And then there are the people that actually question WHY I don't want another child -- like it's their business to know my personal feelings. (sigh) I wish people would just mind their own business!
September 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, yes, it drives me nuts when others offer their opinion on the size of my family. I can't stand the "lonely only" stuff. Or if I say, "I don't think we could afford another child", I hear "Oh, you'll make it work." Really? Wanna write me a check then?

Mellie -

September 14th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennimomof4 View Post

That must be just as annoying as being told you need to have more! Your children are all beautiful btw!
September 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
[quote=youngwoman;24826341]Ugh, yes, it drives me nuts when others offer their opinion on the size of my family. I can't stand the "lonely only" stuff. Or if I say, "I don't think we could afford another child", I hear "Oh, you'll make it work." Really? Wanna write me a check then?

I hate the money comment about making it work. I don't think anyone should have a child just because they have the money for it. People seem to think that every woman should want more than one child. Dh and I could be making 3 times what we are and we still would not want another child. We are happy with our little family, just like others are happy with their bigger families!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Hi girls! I just found this forum, so I hope it's alright to just jump in.

I get this a lot, especially since we only have our daughter Betsy. Everyone wants to know if we're going to have more kids. I give them a polite answer -- I usually just say something about being happy with just one -- and then I usually get responses like "Oh, you're only in your mid 30s, you still have time!" and "You say that now, but you'll change your mind". And then there are the people that actually question WHY I don't want another child -- like it's their business to know my personal feelings. (sigh) I wish people would just mind their own business!

That is typically my answer too. I am happy with one. I'm in my mid 30's too, btw.
September 19th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have people tell me occasionally that I am not too old to give Katie a brother or sister (I will be 40 in less than a month) but they shut up pretty quick when I explain that I stopped breathing during delivery due to an epidural mishap.

September 19th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 5 and people still say it, but mostly in regards to trying for a boy. (lets not get me started on that one)

I just say that that ship has sailed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search