Introducing myself :)

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2011, 08:14 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Hi ladies!

My name is Amy. My beautiful daughter Betsy just turned one a couple of days ago (her real name is Elisabeth, but we've always called her Betsy). My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we're both teachers, and we've decided that we're done having children. I was hoping that there was a forum for this because truthfully, I've been having a hard time with this decision as of late and was hoping that I'd some some other mommies in a similar situation.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and your kiddos!
September 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
Hi Amy. I'm Jenn. Wife to Lyle, and mom to Austin (8) and Aubrey (6).

Welcome aboard. I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I am just now finally coming to terms with the fact that we are DONE. I loved being pregnant, but when I was pregnant with Aubrey, I knew that it was not financially feasible for us to have more than 2 kids. We have not done anything permanent as of yet, so we CAN always change our minds...but I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Your little Betsy is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!!
September 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Amy! Betsy is a cutie pie!

I'm Amanda, 31, and my DH & I are done with one as well. I'm sorry you're having a rough time; are you unhappy with your decision or running into negative comments from others?

September 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Welcome! She is a cutie pie!!

There are a few ladies here that are "one and done" and I believe there is a subforum for them as well. Hopefully you will find some comfort and similar thinking so you dont have such a hard time.

My name is Hillarie and Im married to Dan...Im in my late 30's, he's in his late 40's and we have 3 boys. Connor is 7, Avery is 5, and Devinn is 3 1/2. I knew we were done for absolutely positive while pregnant with Devinn and had my tubes tied after his birth.

Hope you enjoy it here and we can help you out in any way needed!

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks ladies! Jenn, like you, we've made the decision to stop but haven't done anything permanent to ensure that Betsy will be an only child.

I've been struggling with my decision because there's a part of me that would like to try for another. However, there were a lot of issues that developed after her birth (some PPD, marriage issues, C-section recovery) and even after a year, I just don't think I could go through all of that again plus raise a toddler. The pain of everything is still too fresh and raw.

I always told myself that if God blessed me with a child, that I would be happy with just one -- and don't get me wrong, I am. Betsy is an adorable and precious little girl -- she's my absolute world and I love her with all of my heart. And if she is my only child, then I will be happy with that -- I am so incredibly lucky to have her in my life.
September 14th, 2011, 05:06 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand where you're coming from. I had an emergency c-section followed by PPD as well, and while I know I would be more prepared next time, the thought of doing it all again makes me apprehensive.

I think it's good to not do anything permanent just yet. Like you said, everything still feels fresh and raw, and there is that part of you that might want to try again. Give it some time. HUGS

September 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Hi ladies!

My name is Amy. My beautiful daughter Betsy just turned one a couple of days ago (her real name is Elisabeth, but we've always called her Betsy). My husband and I are in our mid-30s, we're both teachers, and we've decided that we're done having children. I was hoping that there was a forum for this because truthfully, I've been having a hard time with this decision as of late and was hoping that I'd some some other mommies in a similar situation.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and your kiddos!
Welcome. I am pretty new here too. Your daughter is adorable!

I too am in my mid-30s anda a teacher. Our decision to have one was made before we got married. I may regret it later in life, but that is not a reason to have another child. I do know I cried and cried over the thought of having only one soon after my little guy was born. Thank you hormones. Now, I am happy with my little family!
September 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the support! I think that as long as we don't do anything permanent, I can always have that little bit of hope.

It's nice to meet all of you! During the school week, I have a hard time finding time to get onto JM (it's hard enough trying to stay up to date in my PR!), but I try.
September 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I'm Mellie. I have Jasmine who is almost 5, Lucy who is almost 2 and Zachary.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search