New here and question for anyone with their tubes tied!

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Mommy2Maddox's Avatar Proud Army Wife & Mommy!
Hi i'm Ashley. I have a 2.5 year old, Maddox and am expecting our second son any day now. I've had a horribly complicated pregnancy. I've been in pre-term labor since 33.5 weeks and on meds since. I am in more pain than I can even describe. The last half of this pregnancy has literally been the worst months of MY ENTIRE LIFE. As much as we'd like a little girl, I don't think my body was meant for carrying children. We may adopt years down the road if that is what God has in store for us. Anyway, I am trying to decide if I want to get a tubal during my c-section or not. I have read and heard so many horror stories about how the tubal can cause horrible pain and on-going hormonal issues. I was looking for some opinions from anyone who may have had it done and I thought this was possibly a good place to ask! Thank you so much!

huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for my lovely siggy!

September 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I got a lot of the horror stories too.
They exist but they arent the majority...kwim?

You cant base your decision on what others went through cuz you arent them.

That being said...I had a tubal after my 3rd c/section. It was done in like 5 mins I swear...went really fast.

I had no issues til after about a year and then my periods shifted a bit. Like some months they'd be heavier and others lighter and my incision pain intensified a bit too. But none of it was horrifying or anything other than an annoyance. Its still that way and my youngest is 3 1/2.

My hormones are shifty but liveable. My experience overall has been just fine and normal from others Ive chatted with and Ive had no regrets whatsoever.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I haven't had my tubes ties so I can't help there.

I'm so sorry your pregnancy has been rough on you. Rough pregnancies is one reason why my DH and I are done having children.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 28th, 2011, 09:55 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I wouldn't do it. It's hard to make a decision to not have anymore while you are pregnant, especially during a difficult pregnancy.

I did have a tubal with my c-section and I would recommend waiting. I had more pain than I had with my other c-sections. Plus all the hormones are all over the place after you have a baby. My periods are different now than they were, much heavier and just different.

I would wait. Give it some time after you've delivered and the trauma of a difficult pregnancy is behind you and then decide if you are really ready for something permanent that can't be undone. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

October 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd have to agree with the previous poster, give it a bit of time.

I knew my 5th was my last but was still really glad I got my tubes tied on my own time, when I wasn't hormonal or anything.

I got mine tied 5 years ago, and never have had any issues.
October 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had mine tied during my c section. My periods are actually better, they last a little longer (regularily i had it for 3 days, now its 4 or 5) but its less painful, the pain of healing from my section with a tubal, was actually alot easier on me then my first 2 sections. (The day my daughter & I were released from the hospital, we shopped all day, with my mom, SO & my 3 sons)

I say go with your gut, I saw it as pointless to have surgery, only to heal and then have another surgery, so I did it all at once. I don't regret doing it, but I'm sad that that part of my life is now over. It takes some getting used to, but I don't think I'd do it any other way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search