So why are you done

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I figure scine I am new I d get to know those that are here why are you done
I am done because I am pretty sure two is all I can handle and having more comes with some health risks that dh and I don't want to risk me going through another pregnancy. I am also ready to move on past the babies phase of life

January 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
For me I couldn't mentally or physically handle any more children. Both DH and I have medical conditions that make us exhausted (and that completely destroys any patience I might possibly have). I can barely handle the three we have.

I totally have no desire for a baby. I'm enjoying being able to sleep in on Saturdays (the older ones take care of the youngest while we sleep), not have to worry about diapers or potty-training, and not have to bring a million things with me when I go anywhere with the kids.

So I'm just done. We both are.

January 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That si so great I can't wait to get to that point I still have two in diapers, both in cribs and have been either pregnant or nursing for over three years

January 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Super Mommy
At this point, I feel like our family is complete.

January 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
For us it is financial reasons! My husband got laid off last year and we just don't have the money and enough room in our house.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!
January 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is part of it for us too more kids means new bigger car bigger house ect.

January 11th, 2012, 07:58 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stress of pregnancy mostly. No why I could mentally go through another 40+ weeks.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
We can't afford to have another baby. Between prenatal care, cost of delivery, time off of work, then daycare costs...there's just no way. I also either sold or gave away all of our baby stuff years ago, so we would be COMPLETELY starting from scratch.
January 28th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our family is just complete. Its just a feeling, when you know you know.

Our lives are already crazy, we are stretched beyond where we thought we could be.... physically, emotionally, mentally... its hard having 4 little ones!!

Plus of the last 6.5 years I have only truly owned my body for 11 months between pregnancy and breastfeeding.. if you count ttc then only 7 months has my body been mine! Thats crazy!!

Last edited by JessW7; January 28th, 2012 at 04:12 AM.
February 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Up until a few weeks ago I still wanted another one, but I have realized that those were selfish reasons. My DH doesn't want anymore and having another baby would be a huge burden on us right now financially. I'm 39 and DH is 42, so not spring chickens anymore. I just realized that I'm too tired after working full time and then dealing with my 4 kids. I can't wait for the baby to be more independend. I want to be able to go out without the kids and to travel and actually have some money to spend on the kids I already have. I don't even know if I could get pregnant again, since we had a really hard time last time around and had 3 losses. I couldn't go through that again. I'm done with diapers and sleepless nights and constant crying and whinning (which is by no means going away for another few years).
I'm also a little scared that the baby could have health problems, because of my advanced age.
But if I could turn back time or win the lottery, I would so love to have another boy.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
because i knew there was no way i could handle any more. emotionally,mentally, physically, and financially

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

March 12th, 2012, 03:34 AM
As many have said, it's not just one factor. we have 2, and feel that that is the most we can comfortably raise, in terms of money, time, space, and attention.
Better to raise 2 well, than 4 and struggle ( although some can manage big families really well) in our case anyway.
All that aside, we feel that with a boy and a girl our family is complete...( and I'm getting too old to go through all THAT again!)
March 15th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Story's Avatar French Canadian
I couldn't mentally or physically handle any more children.

Pregnancy is very hard on my body and mental health, and I just turned 30 (had my first child at 21) I really don't want to go through a pregnancy and short nights and no freedom again. I just started to enjoy life OUTSIDE my home.

My girls are awesome, I have my little boy, it's enough.

Mom to Maèva (11), Nadjat (9) and Klaus (5)

April 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We are happy and content with the 3 we have. Plus for all of the mental, physical and financial reasons. And I had a lot of PTL problems with my last.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search