Is this a normal feeling

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
MommytoMandL's Avatar Super Mommy
Quick back ground on me

My name is Kayla, When I was pregnant with DD3 I developed a rare seizure condition and was told it would likely be unsafe to have more babies, much to our surprise in Sept 2011, We found out we were expecting again our little oopsie baby was due 5.27.12

DH was very sure he didn't want to find out the gender, I wanted to know, but I guess the baby agreed with him and at every single ultrasound we had baby was sitting in such a way we couldn't find out

my seizures got extremely bad and by the time I got in to see the neurologist i was suffering from 85 seizures a day, and started anti-seizure medications, he told me now that I am on the meds I should have my tubes tied, DH and I spoke and decided it would be best if we were done having little ones and decided I would have my tubes tied

well, I refused to believe this baby could be a girl, I was convinced it was a boy, I even refused to buy a girl coming home outfit, I ONLY bought a boy one, which was silly I know, but i just "knew" I stocked up on gender neutral and boyish things

on May 6th I had an emergency c section(breech baby and i was in labor) and our 4th baby girl was born, and my tubes were tied

Now i find myself loving her, but being, well, for lack of a better term, extremely heart broken that i'm done, by my own choice it is permanent and I have no baby boy, I set myself up for this hurt I know

My dh more or less has no interest in talking about this I get "It's fine, I'll have sons when our daughters get married" which doesn't help me work through it because he's the only one i want to discuss it with

Is it normal to feel like this?

June 3rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 5 girls, but I've never been sad about not having sons (at the most I could say that I was a little bummed out after our third). I just really feel like I have who I am ment to have.

As far as being done, I knew my 5th was our last, and had my tubes tied when she was 16 months old, but I didn't actually ask for the appointment until she was 6 months old. Even though I knew I was done (SO done!!), I just needed some time to "grieve" that the baby having stage was over.

So yes, it's normal to feel like this, in a sense you're grieving (seems like a bit of a dramatic word, but I don't know how else to put it) that you're done having babies AND that you will not have that boy you were wanting to have. On top of this, your baby is still very little so you're tired and your hormones aren't back to normal yet, you've had a c-section, AND you've been not well during your pregnancy. That's a lot! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Ps. From one girly mom to another, when people say "poor dad" reply with "why?" and also, when you get asked if you're going to try for a boy ask the person asking if they plan to have any more children.
June 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Its normal :-)... I have two boys and at first i really wanted a little girl. we are trying to decide if we are done. DH says we are and hes prob right. I will always be a little sad that i never got my little girl and to dress her in pink etc but my first son is an exact clone of me and my 4 month old is an exact clone of my DH, so I feel like our family is complete and I was meant to just be a mom to two little boys. I think i would be more bummed if I had two girls and couldnt have any boys bc I grew up in a football family and around boy sports so I would be more sad about not having a son and I know DH would have been crushed. My BFF just had twin girls, so i will get my girl fix over there!
DS3- Born 11/4/14
June 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
MommytoMandL's Avatar Super Mommy
oh it kills me when people say "Oh I know the next one is a girl" it feels like they have stabbed a huge knife into me

I finally got DH to talk a little bit about it, and i'm a bit more at peace even though i'm pretty sure he just told me it's ok to make me feel better he even went so far as to tell me he doesn't like the family that have the name (we have cut off most of his family they are pretty much awful greedy people) so its not a concern of his and he is almost sure atleast one of our girls will hyphenate

still sucks that he got 4 daddies girls (which they all totally are) and i didn't get my momma's boy

June 12th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Hugs it is hard dh got snipped pretty shortly after dd2 was born and for different medical reasons it would be better for me not to carry any more babies and now that she is more independant ( she really colicy and nowonder as it turns out she is allergic to mycat) I look at her and cant help but feel sad about it my sister got her tubes tied 2 years ago and said it was about a year before she stopped going back and forth with that decision

June 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its totally normal. We get asked all the time if we're going to try for (another) boy or if my DH wants "his" boy. DH was the one who said first that he was fine with the two girls. He loves being a girl daddy.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search