Question for mother that got there tubes tied.

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just had my baby may 13, I got my tubes tied and my first question is my doctor that did the surgery said i have a greater chance of having a tubal pregnancy... What is the truth in that? And 2nd, do we have to use a condom or no? I think my fiancee is scared im either going to get pregnant again, or have a tubal.

June 22nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran
Very true! I had a tubal ligation, and I don't remember my doctor telling me I had a greater chance of a tubal pregnancy - wish she had! Almost 1 year after my tubal, I started having some occasional pain in my lower left side. I thought I had pulled a muscle or something. Then I had pain in my shoulder. I thought it was from carrying my son. Then I started with lower abdominal pain that would come and go. I was due to get my period, so I just attributed it to that. Later that week the pain got more intense until one night, the pain didn't go away. I had severe bloating and abdominal pain that kept me up at night. I got up to go to the bathroom and almost passed out. I barely made it back to bed. In the morning I told my husband and he rushed me to the E.R. I was thinking gallbladder or something. I passed out in the E.R. and was rushed in. Shortly afterwards a nurse said, "Your pregnancy test came back positive. We are going to do an ultrasound to see what's going on." I was like, "WHAT?" Then I started having difficulty and pain with every breath, so I told the nurse and she said, "That's a sign of internal bleeding - sounds like a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Let me get the doctor, you will probably need emergency surgery." And so I did. The doctor said that if I hadn't gone in when I did, I probably wouldn't be here right now. Scary thought. I don't mean to bore you with the details, but I just wanted to make moms aware of the symptoms. Don't ignore them and attribute them to something else, like I did. Shoulder pain is one of the symptoms (who would have known? It occurs after major internal bleeding and causes irritation to the nerves.) I am still worried it could happen again, even though they said the chances are rare.
August 2nd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Another question when did you get your first period? I had some spotting for 4 days back at the start of july, then at the end 2 days of spotting. But not full period yet is that normal? We had sex at 3 wks pp with no protection at all I am alittle scared to take a test.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search