Done after one!

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
My husband and I are done now after having our daughter a year ago. My husband is a little older than myself and we live in San Diego (downtown) and we enjoy our active lifestyle. I also stay home with my daughter and she is easy to pick up and go anywhere I need to go with her social and easy personality. I count my blessings that we were given and "easy" one. Sometimes, more so in the midwest where I am from people think your nuts for only having one or sometimes I recieve flack? about it.
April 8th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My husband and I are done now after having our daughter a year ago. My husband is a little older than myself and we live in San Diego (downtown) and we enjoy our active lifestyle. I also stay home with my daughter and she is easy to pick up and go anywhere I need to go with her social and easy personality. I count my blessings that we were given and "easy" one. Sometimes, more so in the midwest where I am from people think your nuts for only having one or sometimes I recieve flack? about it.[/b]
You will always get that more than likely. I also have an only child (and I am also an only child), he is 5 1/2 years old now, my husband had a vasectomy 2 years ago and I am also staying on birth control as an added precaution and we still get ignorant people claiming that he won't be social, he'll be shy, etc. But go figure, he is one of the most out going children I have EVER seen. I have never left him crying when I take him to daycare, or when he went to preschool, or if we have a sitter over and we go out to dinner, simply because he is okay to be left with pretty much anyone. He shares VERY well, likes to take stickers and cookies for his friends at daycare and is very giving and affectionate. He gets along with other kids with no problems. I have never had a problem with him hitting, biting, or calling names. He is very well rounded, only or not. I think it is more in the way the parents present it. I do not see him as an only or a multiple, I simply see him as our kid. He doesn't get spoiled because there is only 1 of him, he gets 8-10 presents for x-mas (this includes gifts from family) and 5-6 things for his b-day and that is it. We keep his b-day parties to no more than $150 and $100 of that was a jumper that we rented to keep the kids occupied. It is your life, and your family, and really nobody's business but your own.
April 9th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome

I have an only and he's going to be homschool. So I get the whole socalization thing all the time. He's the most socail little kid I've seen. I still don't understand the mantality that onlies are weired but I don't think I ever have. It's just whats best for us.

April 10th, 2007, 07:20 AM
bexmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bexmommy Send a message via MSN to bexmommy Send a message via Skype™ to bexmommy
Welcome to the group!
April 15th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to chelly Send a message via Yahoo to chelly
I would have been done after one (Stephanie had other plans ). I also had received "flack" when I would say I don t want any more. I was raised as an only child(though I have 3 half sisters and 2 half brothers) I was raised by my grandmother. I dont think there is anything wrong with only having one.
April 16th, 2007, 08:53 PM
JaysonsMom's Avatar Member
We only have one child because I had medical problems and had a hysterectomy. I wanted another child and so did my husband but we're content with one. Don't let anyone talk down to you about having one, I don't. When people say "Are you having more kids?" or "Aww does Jayson get lonely being an only child?" I just smile and walk away.

DH - George

Jayson - DOB 6-23-04

George & Amy - Married 9-25-04

April 17th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Barnes-baby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Barnes-baby Send a message via Yahoo to Barnes-baby
I only wanted one child too, until I met my fiance, then I realized I wanted to share that experience with him as well.

There are 10 years and 2 weeks between my two children....You never know you may change your mind some day. But if not, don't let anyone make you feel bad.
April 29th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Candice Send a message via Yahoo to Candice
I am an only.... and although I am a bit odd... it's nothing that people don't consider charming!

hey if this is what you want.. then who are we to judge

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16b04c <--- CLICK ME TO STALK THE CHART
June 5th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stylinslings
My husband is an only child and he is very outgoing and has a great personality. He had plenty of friends that he grew up with that were like his brothers. I don't see anything different with having one child or five children. If anything it might be better for them because they do get your undivided attention where as a child with four siblings might not be able to get the attention he needs....it all depends on the parents.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Jen 25
Gabe 26
Mackenzie 2
Roman 2 months
Diesel - 3 year old Boxer
Dewey, Panda Bear, and Runt - my kitties</span>
June 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
We're also having just one child (he's 19 months) and I always get people who say things about it. I just completely stopped listening to them and telling people that I am unwilling to discuss it with them. It's none of their business as far as I am concerned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search