I have been on here a couple times not quite a newbie

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Marie621's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Marie621 Send a message via Yahoo to Marie621
I have three beatiful little girls, 4 2 and 5 weeks. I am trying to decid e if I should get a tubal. I had thought I decided to get an IUD and then wait a few years to decide for sure. MY husband doesn't want anymore. He does not want a vesectomy. He is also catholic and doesn't beleive in bc. I don't like bc it always makes me sick and I don't know if getting an IUd is the best idea. I have read a lot of side effects on an IUD. My husband says that I don't have to get my tubes tied. He says we'll just not get pregnant. WE have used the withdrawl method and it has worked 100% so far, but I know that it is only 75% effective. I know thats a lot of rambling. I am just trying to figure it out. I want another baby, but even if I had another one, I would still want one more. 3 is a lot we have a three bedroom house, so it would be two to a room. WE would have to get a bigger car. but we will eventually have to get a bigger one anyone to let anyone else ride with us.

I guess I was just wondering , how did you make your decision, do you regret and how bad??

April 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your latests addition! First of all, about the IUD, my dr told me that if I were his wife, he would not even consider it for a second. That was enough for me to steer clear.
I always wanted four or five kids, and thought I was done after 4 because of her being a preemie. Dh was ready to go in for the big V, and then I changed my mind, and we had our little Julia. But I knew that this would be it for us. I never pictured myself with more than 5. I got my tubes tied (10 days ago actually) and it's a relief, I am completely happy with the decision. I wouldn't be the kind of mom I wanted to be if I had more on my plate than I do now.
Good luck with your decision, but I wouldn't make any kind of permanent plans so soon after having had a baby.
April 10th, 2007, 06:23 AM
bexmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bexmommy Send a message via MSN to bexmommy Send a message via Skype™ to bexmommy
Welcome to thee board!

I don't regret having my tubes done one bit, b/c as soon as i found out i was preg with DD i knew that i didn't want any more
April 14th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ive had an iud for about a year now, and am fine with it. everyone is different of course, but if you arent sure, i would definately not do anything permanent

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
April 14th, 2007, 01:34 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're likely done, but not doing any permanent for a variety of reasons. Both male and sterilization procedures have a lot of risks that we're not comfortable with. We're using a modern form of NFP until menopause. Clinical trials in China found that it was more effective than the IUD's used there, with a rate of 99.64%. Withdrawal is not an option, too risky as a pregnancy would NOT be good for my health right now. So, NFP is an option - highly reliable, immediately reversible if you change your mind down the road, and it wouldn't compromise any of your husbands religious views. You could take a class together before making up your mind about it.
April 15th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to chelly Send a message via Yahoo to chelly
Congrats on your new little one!
I had my tubes tied during my c-section 4 mons ago. I was kinda stuck, my DH wouldnt do the big V, and I couldnt take any kind of BC because of blood clot reasons. I am also allergic to latex and copper, so I could use condoms, diaphram, or a copper IUD. So we were using natural, it worked for a little over a year. I am 100% sure I dont want anymore kids, for both my own reasons and financially.
I just knew.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search