Do you get baby envy even though you are finished???

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
I didn't think I did. Most of the time, I see people with little babies and think "awww how cute...better you than me!" But lately I find myself having that tinge of "oh....I miss having a little baby." I think this is normal. I have two aquaintances who are older than me and due any day now with a second child...I think seeing them get bigger and knowing babies are coming makes me miss planning and preparing for baby. Getting out all those little clothes and washing them in dreft, wondering what my son would look like, getting the lotions all lined up so he could smell like a precious little baby, and so on. I don't miss being fat (sorry, I know preggo women aren't fat, but I sure felt fat), uncomfortable, etc. I don't miss the fear I had about actually giving birth to another child, or the late nights, the diapers, the formula making, the attempts to breast feed, the worries, the first colds that scare the crap out of you, etc.

I like where I am with my kids - out of diapers, growing up. But sometimes I get that ping of baby envy. Do you all think it is normal to feel this way sometimes?? What do you do when baby envy hits?

June 21st, 2007, 08:36 AM
lvs2trvl's Avatar Member
Oddly enough, every once in awhile I do but it only lasts for a moment and it's gone again. Whenever it lasts longer than that fleeting second, I remind myself how nice it is to sleep in on weekends, and how there aren't any more diapers, strollers, baby toys, etc.
June 21st, 2007, 11:16 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
I think that watching my 3 year old turn 4 is the hardest for me. Preschool - it is like he is growing up in this one month or so!
June 22nd, 2007, 06:34 AM
paganempath
I get pregnancy/labor/delivery envy. But baby envy?--NO.
June 23rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
I don't get DELIVERY envy! OUCH! LOL I get pregnant belly, feel the baby kick envy. I get making the nursery, washing the tiny clothes, adding to the family, hubby all supportive envy. BUT once that baby is OUT, I am not jealous at all!!!!!!!! Waking in the middle of the night to feed, crying and you have no idea what they want, recovering from a delivery, worries about colds, SIDS, and everything else a mom worries about for the rest of the child's life! Diapers, formula/breastfeeding, that gooey stinky babyfood, baby poo! LOL No thanks.
June 25th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I see a newborn I always think "I want one" and then as soon as the thought enters my brain it leaves again. I think there's always a really small part of you that wants another, to me there is nothing like holding your brand new baby. It is exciting, the anticipating and preparing.

But really, I see pregnant ladies and in my mind I think: better you than me. I know people do it, but I could not imagine being pregnant with a 6th, and while being a good mom to my other 5. And giving birth is the last thing I ever want to do again after the torturous induction and delivery I had last time. I am definetly cured.
June 25th, 2007, 04:47 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Yep, I think 5 would do me in too!! I thought that after my first and then I divorced and remarried and we had a son together.

Sometimes I just feel like I am cheating my boys because neither of them have a full brother or sister.
June 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Quote:
I get pregnancy/labor/delivery envy. But baby envy?--NO. [/b]
I'm like this too, I see other pregnant woman and I'm so sad b/c I miss being pregnant. I'm totally jealous of pregnant ladies and I hate that about myself. Everytime someone announces that they are pregnant I'm happy for them but so jealous! How screwed up am i?? lol

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
June 28th, 2007, 05:22 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
I think it is totally normal to feel that way but like right now, Wynston is pulling on me to get off the laptop and the feeling of wanting a little one soon fades away but babies are so precious but they grow so fast.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search