When was the last time you............

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2007, 02:27 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Did something really special for yourself?
June 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Did something really special for yourself?[/b]
Too long ago to even remember when!

June 27th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To long ago to remember not like D/H who is currently on a weeks fishing trip which is costing us close to $3000.
June 28th, 2007, 01:32 PM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
hmmm......I got my hair cut 2 months ago does that count?? other then that I can't remember lol

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
June 28th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Last friday. I handed the kids over to DH and went to my best friends house and went walking. I needed the time away from the kids and i needed the excercise!

June 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 dogs, all ill, 1 extremely ill, all require medication twice a day, plus a 5 1/2 year old son, and I work full time. I don't have TIME to do much for me except squeeze in an hour or 2 of TV.
July 2nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ladies I know that our plates are full with children, work, school, etc., however, you do know that it is vitally important to do SOMETHING for you. Like going to get a pedicure or manicure, a haircut, a warm bath with candles. It does not have to always cost something but as the old saying goes, "If mama's not happy, no body's happy ". Treat yourself!
July 2nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ladies I know that our plates are full with children, work, school, etc., however, you do know that it is vitally important to do SOMETHING for you. Like going to get a pedicure or manicure, a haircut, a warm bath with candles. It does not have to always cost something but as the old saying goes, "If mama's not happy, no body's happy ". Treat yourself![/b]
Sometimes life just doesn't allow it to happen. And personally, I don't consider getting a hair cut to be pampering LoL. Getting a hair cut is like brushing my teeth, it's a grooming routine that I get done every 5-6 weeks. I have a dog suffering from liver disease that I have to feed 4 times a day, which usually takes 30-45 minutes each time, plus 20-25 pills total (10-13 twice a day), I have a foster dog who I have to train basic commands who requires being fed twice a day along with medications, I have another personal dog who has to be fed twice a day and also requires medications, then I have a 5 1/2 year old son to take care of as well, along with a 3,000 sq ft house to keep up with, and my husband works nights so he sleeps most of the day because he doesn't get home until 2 or 3 in the morning. And then up until 2 weeks ago, I also worked 40 hours a week with an hour and a half commute round trip. It is nice in theory to think that I may have time to do something for me, but when I get up at 5:30am and I don't go to bed until 11 or so and I am up and on the go the entire time (minus maybe watching an hour or 2 of TV while I'm doing something else in the evening), it really just isn't possible. I would LIKE to use my gift card to go get a massage (I got it for x-mas), but I would have to be gone for probably 3-4 hours, and unfortunately my doggie needs to eat in the afternoon so I really can't do that at the moment. When you take on the responsibilities you have to live up to them, and IMO if forgetting about yourself for awhile is what it takes, then that's what has to be done.

(and in our house it's more if daddy ain't happy, nobody's happy, he's the one who is a bear when he's pissed off).
July 2nd, 2007, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Ladies I know that our plates are full with children, work, school, etc., however, you do know that it is vitally important to do SOMETHING for you. Like going to get a pedicure or manicure, a haircut, a warm bath with candles. It does not have to always cost something but as the old saying goes, "If mama's not happy, no body's happy ". Treat yourself![/b]
Sometimes life just doesn't allow it to happen. And personally, I don't consider getting a hair cut to be pampering LoL. Getting a hair cut is like brushing my teeth, it's a grooming routine that I get done every 5-6 weeks. I have a dog suffering from liver disease that I have to feed 4 times a day, which usually takes 30-45 minutes each time, plus 20-25 pills total (10-13 twice a day), I have a foster dog who I have to train basic commands who requires being fed twice a day along with medications, I have another personal dog who has to be fed twice a day and also requires medications, then I have a 5 1/2 year old son to take care of as well, along with a 3,000 sq ft house to keep up with, and my husband works nights so he sleeps most of the day because he doesn't get home until 2 or 3 in the morning. And then up until 2 weeks ago, I also worked 40 hours a week with an hour and a half commute round trip. It is nice in theory to think that I may have time to do something for me, but when I get up at 5:30am and I don't go to bed until 11 or so and I am up and on the go the entire time (minus maybe watching an hour or 2 of TV while I'm doing something else in the evening), it really just isn't possible. I would LIKE to use my gift card to go get a massage (I got it for x-mas), but I would have to be gone for probably 3-4 hours, and unfortunately my doggie needs to eat in the afternoon so I really can't do that at the moment. When you take on the responsibilities you have to live up to them, and IMO if forgetting about yourself for awhile is what it takes, then that's what has to be done.

(and in our house it's more if daddy ain't happy, nobody's happy, he's the one who is a bear when he's pissed off).
[/b]
Oh, you have your hands full and with the dogs too. I have to get up at 4:30am or 5:00am, get dressed, get Wynston ready to take to Daddy, take Garrett to camp, Go to work, have meetings sometimes until 9:00pm, drive back home which puts me at my house at 10:05pm and on Tuesday and Thursday I go to school from 6:00pm-10:00pm (full-time student in the evenings), coming home cleaning the house, doing laundry, being a single mother, taking care of ALL the bills , cleaning a 2,800 sq ft house, making sure the cars are maintained, whew, did I leave anything out. However, regardless of all this, I personally WILL find time for me, even if it is just a bubble bath...hey, I might fall asleep in it . I just think it is vital to rewind, rejuvenate and renew to keep going. I won't allow myself to burn out. Also, did I say that I am training to enter NC State Trooper Academy in January ? By the way, I have to agree with you about the hair thing...I hate getting mine done so that is why I do it myself.
July 2nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my DH bought me a gift certificate for a massage on Valentines day to use for a pregnancy massage but I went on bed rest the same day so I decied to use it after my son was born. WRONG!!!!! My son was BAD colic. He would cry 10 hours a day everyday! I had to quit my job to stay at home with him. Well he is finally better and I scheduled it for last Friday but my DH had a bad accident on Wed. and now I am taking care of him and had to cancel. I really wanted to do it last week because I started back to work today and now I don't have the time!!!
So to answer your question, I can't remember!

July 4th, 2007, 11:46 AM
DQM2007's Avatar Veteran
Yesterday actually! To me getting my hair cut is time away for me and relazing for me. I also got it straightened (of course that's until it gets wet) and I just adore it!

Support me in the breast cancer CIBC Run for the Cure!![/url]
July 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
A long, long time ago...can't remember when...

July 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yesterday actually! To me getting my hair cut is time away for me and relazing for me. I also got it straightened (of course that's until it gets wet) and I just adore it![/b]
I think it depends on WHAT you get done to your hair when you get it "cut" as well. I go to Super Cuts and get 1/2-1 inch cut off the bottom. If there is no wait I spend all of 10 minutes there, I pay and leave. Obviously if there is a wait and sit there a bit longer. But I don't get it washed, dried, styled, etc. I simply get a bit lopped off of the bottom and leave looking like a drowned rat LoL.
July 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
The last time I had my hair highlighed was in November of last year!

But I do go yardsaling with my kids every week - I love it, it is cheap fun. The kids love it too. Sad that a yardsale is "pampering" to me. UGH!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search