How did you know?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2007, 09:29 PM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
I am one of those so-called lurkers and I thought I would finally start a thread.

How did you all know you were finished having children?
June 29th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In my case the decission was made for me. After having my little girl last yr i had to have a hysterectomy so that was that.
June 29th, 2007, 09:41 PM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
I understand that. My decision was made for me also. It seems as though my body just is not up for the task.
June 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Thanks for posting ! I just knew I was done so I had a tubal. However, I got sad after I did it but now I am feeling a little more comfortable about my decision.
July 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
sawing's Avatar Veteran
I can't really explain how we knew. It just felt right. With my first three, I just kept feeling like we weren't done yet. With the last one, we both knew that was it. (It may also be because I missed my epidural! lol)
July 2nd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Hart_N_Sole
I'm still not 100% convinced, so I decided not to schedule the tubal, and went on the pill as of today.

I don't like being pregnant, and with my second pregnancy I had a lot of complications and PTL, and then my son was born five weeks early ... So ... When I went in this morning, I was really torn on it though, so I played it safe and got on the pill, and my doc said to call him back if I change my mind and want that tubal after all.
July 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's funny because I never wanted any. After meeting my DH and he had a daughter I saw the way hey loved each other and I wanted that. Someone to love me through anything and I wanted to love that way also. Don't get me wrong. My Step daughter is the greatest but it's not the same. Well long story short we both told each other this would be it and I have no desire to have anymore. I love my son more than anything and I don't think I could love someone esle as much.

July 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
We had planned on only having 2 kids together (my angel son was not with my dh) but when we found out that #2 was going to be a 2nd girl we decided to try for a 3rd. We discussed it before I got preg with #3 and decided that either way we were done at 3.

July 3rd, 2007, 07:32 AM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought I might be done when we had two but DH had a nagging feeling we weren't complete, and I wasn't completely sure. #3 was a bit of a surprise but we were excited about having him, and after having him I am now 100% sure I couldn't handle any more. My personality doesn't really fit well with a lot of kids, so 3 for me is a full house!

July 3rd, 2007, 09:32 AM
DQM2007's Avatar Veteran
We lost 2 babies in between the boys, the second loss was an ectopic, they tried to save the tube but the placenta grew back and the tube burst, I almost died on the table. DH said Quinn would be it, but I really wanted him to have a sibling. At my 6 week post op appt, where they told me that it would take 6 months to a year to get pg again, I was in telling them I was pregnant! That was Mark. I was on bedrest with both pregnancies as well.
DH said it's too stressful and risky having me pregnant, so we're done. I had my tubes tied, big mistake IMO, I should have let him get a vasectomy.

Support me in the breast cancer CIBC Run for the Cure!![/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search