Done or so we thought??!!

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
mama~manda06
I don't get it what is going on with me!!! Sept 2006 I got my tubes tied after my 5th pregnancy 4th child. Yesterday morning I had been feeling up to 100% so we went to the store got a few HPT and first thing yesterday morning I took the test and it came out +! How can this be?? Can it be wrong?? Well even if it is truely + no 100% that it'll go full term it could turn out to be another ectopic. So if I don't show any signs of micarry/ectopic then I'll test again and call my ob and see what she says!!! My DH won't come near me or kiss me, I think he's scared he's said if this goes full term then he'll get a vasectomy and I'll get a complete hysterectomy!!! Any suggestions or ideas or comforting words?????? I mean if this is true we are seeing it as God's plan for us and continue on with our lives, but seriously has anyone else gone through this?? I don't want to tell to many people in case things don't turn out, but I need some comforting words since my husband is afraid to come NEAR me. Thanks ladies
July 4th, 2007, 02:27 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
No, but if I was your DH, I would be kinda scared too! LOL My great grandmother had 13 pregnancies and 9 living children (some died after birth, but I am not sure the numbers - I just know that 9 of them grew into adults). Her husband died when she was 39 years old. She had 9 kids ranging in age from 18 to 4 mos old. The running joke was that he looked at her and she got pregnant. You have to think. She had her first baby at 21 (since the oldest was 18 when she was 39) and in those 18 years, she was pregnant 12 more times and had 8 more kids!

I am with DH - if you don't want any more...he needs the V (and fast, from the sounds of it!)
July 4th, 2007, 04:10 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my!!!! My friend had the same thing happen to her. She had two girls and didn't want anymore so she had her tubes tied. After about two years she ended up pregnant! She really thoguht it would be her boy but no. Another girl BUT she is the cutest sweetest little girl. You just have to think about what God has in store for your baby. (If it is) You are a very rare person that God chose this blessing for!! Congrats and keep us posted!

July 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to say ive also had a friend that the same thing happened to it took her by total suprise of course because once you have your tubes tied you think your safe.But as with anything the doctors tell you there is always that 1percent chance it may not work.I hope for you that if you are that all goes well.Please keep us updated on how your going.
July 4th, 2007, 05:40 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
wow - what a shock for you! Unfortunately I don't have any comforting words for you...it's a situation I haven't personally been in but I can understand from my own situation of not wanting any more (and we haven't yet done anything supposedly permanent) how frightening it all would be for you.

I guess the only thing I can say is that perhaps God had plans for you to have another child, because if its His will that a child be born, even sterilization isn't going to stop it. But I hope everything turns out good for all of you.

July 4th, 2007, 05:44 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
I know right now you are totally confused, surprised, scared and all of the above BUT it does happen. I know two women that got pregnant after having a tubal. All I can say to you is that you should look at this as a blessing. I have a friend who has spent over $60,000 trying to get pregnant and thank goodness she is now blessed with twins but look at all the money and heartache at trying to have a child. Just enjoy this blessing because our higher power is not through with you yet. After you have this little angel, and if you don't want anymore, then I would have dh to get a "V" but you have to be careful with that too because many women get pregnant in the first year of their husbands getting it. If you are, just savour the moment. I would recommend you taking another test just to be sure and if it comes out positive, then I would make an appointment with your doctor asap because I don't want you to be in danger of having an eptopic pregnancy like I had. KUP and please know that I'm here if you need me
July 4th, 2007, 10:36 PM
DQM2007's Avatar Veteran
Oh my I just went through this scare 2 weeks ago! AF showed but I wonder how we would handle things if the tubal failed it's job!
I hope you get the answers you want!

Support me in the breast cancer CIBC Run for the Cure!![/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search