Do you believe in the CIO method?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2007, 03:45 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Wynston still sleeps with me and last night he was being horrible...even in my bed. So I took him in his room and put him in his crib. He cried for about 45 minutes and then went to sleep. Now, here is where the bad mommy comes in . I went in about 9:50pm and he was fast asleep. I picked him up and put him in my bed. Maybe I'm the one who is dependent .
July 9th, 2007, 08:14 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet. Lucky is still pretty small. My Dr. told me to let him when he was a week old!!!!!! He was BAD colic and he told me to just put him in his crib and let him cry! I did it once and I cried the whole time then when I found out he was allergic to milk and the reason he was crying was because his tummy hurt, made me so sad and sick. Now I just can't do it becuase I can't nget it passed myself that there might be something wrong. When he gets older then I'm sure I will!

July 10th, 2007, 08:27 AM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
I know when Wynston was smaller, it just hurt my heart to hear him cry so I just let him cuddle with me. Now that he is bigger and bossy , I think it is about time to make the transition from my room to his. But in my heart, I still don't want to.
July 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's sweet. Lucky has been in his own room since he was 6 weeks old!!! DH was scared it would be hard to break him of sleeping with us if we didn't do it early. I can't sleep really good when Lucky is with us. I'm always scared I would smoosh him. I LOVE to sleep on my tummy

July 12th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never had to use the CIO method as Brandon slept 5 hours at once from day 1, would get up, eat, then go back to sleep for another 5 hours, by 2 weeks old he was sleeping 10 hours a night, by a couple of months it was 12 hours a night, now at 5 1/2 years he still sleeps 12 hours a night and always has. BUT, I would have used the CIO method without any issues. He was in his own crib or bed and in his own room from day 1, has never slept with us, and we had discussed using the CIO method before he was born and were both on board...just turned out we never really needed it.
July 12th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Cassandra T.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassandra T. Send a message via Yahoo to Cassandra T.
Ok, I gotta know what CIO method is??? I can add that Kylea was sleeping throught the night at 6 weeks and still does at 4 1/2. But when she was 2 she started to wake up around 630a and when i wanted to go back to leep for a while I would pull her into bed with me...well, it continued for almost 2 years.. Well, Kendal started it a year ago and still does it but only 3 days a week at most.. I always suggest to my friends not to do it cause its a bad habit but then I would be a hipacrit (sp isn't my major..lol) Whatever works, right?
July 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ok, I gotta know what CIO method is??? I can add that Kylea was sleeping throught the night at 6 weeks and still does at 4 1/2. But when she was 2 she started to wake up around 630a and when i wanted to go back to leep for a while I would pull her into bed with me...well, it continued for almost 2 years.. Well, Kendal started it a year ago and still does it but only 3 days a week at most.. I always suggest to my friends not to do it cause its a bad habit but then I would be a hipacrit (sp isn't my major..lol) Whatever works, right? [/b]
CIO method is the "Cry it Out" method. Letting baby cry for awhile as opposed to being in the room or rocking them to sleep, etc.
July 13th, 2007, 08:04 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I don't do CIO. My kids have also both slept in a crib from the begining. Paige was in a basinette in our room until she was about 4-5 months old because I didn't want her to wake Alexis at night and we only had a 2 bedroom house at the time. When either one of them would wake up I would get up with them....still do. Fortunately my younger dd is a good sleeper and rarely wakes up. My older dd....well that is another story!!!! lol

July 13th, 2007, 11:14 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I have let Josh CIO once in a while but he's a pretty good sleeper and most nights I put him in his bed and he goes right to sleep. I'm not big at letting him CIO but hubby gets mad if I don't lol. And I usually only let him cry for 10 mins and them I'll get him, luckily he's a very happy baby and most of the time he lays there cooing or playing with a toy or his blanket.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search