I'm absolutely torn and confused

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Since I was 19 years old, I wanted to be a State Trooper and now I am considering going to State Trooper Academy in January. I will be in the academy for 6 months, coming home every weekend but I hate to leave my boys. I know it is only for 6 months out of my life and will be there for them on the weekends but I feel guilty leaving them. Am I a bad mommy for doing this? Do I not go? I am so confused about this. What is your opinion on this and be totally honest?
July 13th, 2007, 09:18 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No you are not a bad mother for getting out and doing something that would make the lives of your children better!!! You would be a bad mom if you didn't care and didn't want to try to do your beest!!!

July 14th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I say go for it! Its only 6mnths which is not really that long a time and in that time you will be home every weekend.Your doing somthing to better the lifes of you and your family and i think thats great. Let us know what you decide.
July 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the others. And it wasn't that bad when my husband did it last year. He was gone M-F, got home around 8pm Friday night and left around 5pm Sunday afternoon, so it literally was around 48 hours a week that we saw him and he had homework that had to be done and had to study etc, but he was still here, we could eat dinner together and he was able to call (or us call him) every night. They put him up in a hotel, so it wasn't a problem for me to call him in the evenings and let Brandon say good night which helped a ton. For us anyway, the benefits are FANTASTIC, the overtime is great also (he makes a good $10K a year extra in overtime), and no more paying for gas for him to go to work. It's definitely full of rewards and it's a government job so retirement is good also, a lot will do tuition reimbursement if you want to go to school (if you haven't already), full healthcare benefits, plus overtime if you need the extra money for something. If it's really something you want to do and have the ability to do then I think you should go for it!
July 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Awwwwwwww, thanks ladies ! I value everyone's opinion and I posted this on another board that I am on and of course some mommies said they just could not leave their little one's. It is a hard decision for me and there is alot to think about. I will keep everyone posted on my decision.
July 16th, 2007, 06:51 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
If this is something you have always wanted to do and if you are able to leave your boys, then I'd say do it! You are NOT a bad mommy if you do this!

If I was able to go to school, I'd do it to in a heartbeat!!! It's your dream girl! Do it!!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search