Do you think it is okay for kids to have their

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2007, 05:44 AM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
own tv, phone or computer? Personally, I think it is okay, however, I do believe that there should be a time limit on all. Well, let me take back the phone, I don't think Garrett should have a phone right now but he can use the home phone which will help me monitor it more closely but not a personal one. Garrett has his own laptop and tv but I do have to put restrictions on them.
July 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily has her own computer and TV. She has a cell phone BUT we didn't get it for her. Her mom did. We told her she isn't aloud to bring it to our house because when she is with us we want her to be a kid. She is only 8!! I don't see anythign wrong with a computer or tv though.

July 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Quote:
Emily has her own computer and TV. She has a cell phone BUT we didn't get it for her. Her mom did. We told her she isn't aloud to bring it to our house because when she is with us we want her to be a kid. She is only 8!! I don't see anythign wrong with a computer or tv though.[/b]

I am totally in agreeance with you. I don't want my son having a cell phone or any phone at this point.
July 31st, 2007, 10:54 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
My oldest got a TV/VCR in his room when he was 4. My almost 4 year old is getting one for either his birthday or Christmas. HOWEVER, they are not allowed to have cable. I don't put that in their rooms. They have a VCR and DVD and they can watch their videos, but not cable. I want to make sure I know what they are watching at this age.

Bryce has a computer.

Nether have a cell phone. And won't until they start driving!
July 31st, 2007, 11:05 AM
paganempath
I'm going to be one of those mean moms. Alisha is not having her own phone or computer. In fact, she won't be allowed on the home computer at all. I plan on her doing something better with her time than becoming a computer addict like her mom. She won't have her own tv either. But she will have access to a tv in the house where she can watch something that I don't want to watch. I cannot stand watching kid's tv programs.
August 1st, 2007, 09:18 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
I guess then I'm a SUPER MEAN mom....My kids will never have tv's in their bedrooms. No way....we are trying to teach them better ways to spend their time by playing outside, playing with thier toys, friends, reading, crafts. They get to watch tv everyday in our living room where I monitor what they watch and how long they watch it for. They may get their own computers someday like when they are high school age or something and need it for homework, but we have this one and they each get to spend 30 minutes a day playing online. And no they won't have thier own phones, I didn't have any of those things when I was a kid and I'm okay!

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search