Do you allow your children to have soda/pop?

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2007, 07:18 AM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
I only let Garrett have a little Ginger Ale every now and then. We only drink bottled water, green tea and white tea in our home.
July 31st, 2007, 12:07 PM
paganempath
I plan on pop being a rare treat for Alisha. DH's kids come over and they drink nothing but Mountain Dew. It drives me crazy. Alisha will have a choice of water, milk, iced tea, and juice. No kool-aid either--it's pure sugar water. Yuck!
July 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
I totally agree with you on that. My son used to drink Mountain Dew and he is 12 years old and weighs 199lbs. So I have cut him off from soda/pop but I will let him have a treat every now and then with Ginger Ale.
July 31st, 2007, 07:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No. If we go out I let him have a sip of my coke IF I get one, but here it's either water or milk for him. Milk with meals, water during the day.
July 31st, 2007, 10:03 PM
dpichette210's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dpichette210
Well, IMO Noah is to young to have pop (Hes only 8 mo old) but Dh and I have decided that he wont even get to try it until hes 2 or 3..and even then, as a special treat, and not a whole can or glass!

August 1st, 2007, 10:20 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Once in a while for special occasions I'll let them have pop. Usually they only get milk, water, or juice.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
August 1st, 2007, 11:27 AM
Cassandra T.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassandra T. Send a message via Yahoo to Cassandra T.
We allow Root Beer and Sprite as they are both Caffinee free drinks but NOT on a daily or weekly basis. At home we drink water, lemonade, and teas (crystal light~) and milk with meals.
August 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucky is too small but I would like it if Emily didn't but she isn't mine and I feel like I can't say anything so she does whatever

August 2nd, 2007, 08:52 AM
Hart_N_Sole
My boys are still too young... Connor will be 15 months soon, and Hayden will be 3 months ...

DH and I keep soda around, but I drink a lot more than he does... If I don't drink it, I get a nasty headache. I'm trying to break that.
When the boys are older, it will be milk, water, or juice... I'd like to be off of my caffeine addiction by the time they are old enough.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search