Could you forgive your dh or significant other if....

Forum: Done Having Children

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Done Having Children LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2007, 09:24 AM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Boy am I on a roll with the relationship questions, huh ?
August 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM
tinymomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tinymomma
Fortunately I know that my husband would never do that, but if he did NO I wouldn't be able to forgive him. EVER.

wife to Chad
SAHM to Megan 10, Elijah 8, Andrew 6, and Joshua 3.
August 1st, 2007, 11:49 AM
babyozzy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NO! I couldn't be with him and trust him ever again. I know he wouldn't do that so thank God!

August 2nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
No. I draw that line there. I have never loved a man enough to let him cheat on me and stick it out...even when dating.
August 2nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hart_N_Sole
As much as I love that man and would go to the end's of the earth for him ... If he ever cheated, that would be it. No more.

So no, I could never forgive him if he cheated.
August 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would forgive him because I think you need to forgive in order to move on with your life, but my butt would be filing for divorce and changing the locks. So, yes I would forgive him, but I wouldn't be sticking around for him to do it again.
August 4th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Ndebe's Avatar Member
Hmmm, you really don't know what you will do until you are in that situation. So to say that you would leave will be a first gut response. Each situation is diffrent and may have diffrent results.

August 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hmmm, you really don't know what you will do until you are in that situation. So to say that you would leave will be a first gut response. Each situation is diffrent and may have diffrent results.[/b]
Personally I HAVE been in the situation and I left without ever looking back. So yes, for myself I can say exactly what I would do. I wasn't married, but we had been dating for over 2 years, told him buh bye and never spoke with or saw him again. Had I been married I would have done the same thing. I do not stand for someone disrespecting me in anyway, and IMO cheating is the #1 way to disrespect your spouse.
August 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM
skyler's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to skyler
Everyone had wonderful answers to this and for me, I don't know if I could forget but I would have to forgive in order for me to move on with my life. Life moves like the wind and I can't let negative or unfaithful people keep blowing me back. I do have to agree that a person has to be in the situation in order to really know what they will do. Love is powerful but I don't think I could stay with someone who says they love me and then go give themselves to someone else. That is something sacred in my life.
August 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Everyone had wonderful answers to this and for me, I don't know if I could forget but I would have to forgive in order for me to move on with my life. Life moves like the wind and I can't let negative or unfaithful people keep blowing me back. I do have to agree that a person has to be in the situation in order to really know what they will do. Love is powerful but I don't think I could stay with someone who says they love me and then go give themselves to someone else. That is something sacred in my life.[/b]
And it would make me wonder if it's really love to be honest. If they SAY they love you but are willing to give themselves to someone else, do they truly love you? IMO they may think they love you but they sure don't respect you and what's love without respect? And then yes you may love them, but do you really want to waste your time loving someone who doesn't love or respect YOU? Just some "food for thought".
August 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Ndebe's Avatar Member
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm, you really don't know what you will do until you are in that situation. So to say that you would leave will be a first gut response. Each situation is diffrent and may have diffrent results.[/b]
Personally I HAVE been in the situation and I left without ever looking back. So yes, for myself I can say exactly what I would do. I wasn't married, but we had been dating for over 2 years, told him buh bye and never spoke with or saw him again. Had I been married I would have done the same thing. I do not stand for someone disrespecting me in anyway, and IMO cheating is the #1 way to disrespect your spouse.
[/b]

I am sorry you have been through that. I have been there too. With my husband. I said I would leave and never look back. When I found out, i packed up the house and came back to my hometown pregnant and with a 9 month old in tow. We were seperated for 7 months, and I let him live his life. After the birth of our 2nd daughter, she had to have an emergency surgery and he came. We decided to rekindle things. After speaking with him and evaluating the situation I made a decision to work on the marriage. Learning of his state during that time period and where is head was, he had made a poor decision and mistake. I gave him one more chance. And recognizing that we both did wrong in our marriage (not that an affair is EVER justified) we worked on the marriage. That was almost 7 years ago. Now if circumstance were diffrent we may not be together. If the reasoning that lead to the affiar was diffrent, we may not be together. I have made it clear that this is his only chance. That he has made a mistake and he needs to learn from it, because the next time will not be a mistake. He will be fully aware of the consequences of his decision. He knows what needs to been done to rectify any problems we or he may have and I will not tolerate it again. We both learned from this and I grew so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search