Ashley's TTC with PCOS Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2010, 04:39 AM
ashnichole2326's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ashnichole2326
I figured since I got up super early today I would start my journal on this board now while I have the time. This will be a huge entry since it's so late in the game

I am Ashley (21) And my SO is Jerrod (23). We live in a VERY small town in Ohio. We have been friends since we were kids, and started dating when I was 16. We've lived together for about 3 years now and we are working on getting our first home of our very own set up as we speak!! We were going to get married this spring, but instead we started working on our home. (we need it immediately!!)

Anyhow, in March of 2009, we decided to start TTC. I scheduled an appointment with my OB/GYN and he had me get some blood work because I had cysts even when I was 15 years old when I first saw the doctor. I got the results back the week we started TTC, and was dx'd with PCOS. He wanted me to start BCP again to get myself regulated. I filled the RX, took it for a couple weeks and quit. Afterall, I had only been off the pill for about a month anyhow so I figured it would probably do more harm than good.

That is when I decided to change my OB/GYN. My family doctor referred me to my new and improved OB/GYN. I seen her in September 09 for the first time, told her my story and what the other doctor had told me to do. She disagreed as I figured she would, and just prescribed me some provera for when I had long, anovulating cycles. She told me to come in for my yearly in Sept. and we'd do clomid if I hadn't conceived yet.

Well, here we are in April 2010 and nothing. So, this week I went to see her again (because I thought I felt something odd on my cervix). I took all of my charts with me so she could maybe give me some input on them. She looked them over and asked me "are you ready for Clomid now?" Of course I am!!
She asked for me to have an HSG, and for Jerrod to have a Semen Analysis (SA). I took the semen in two days ago, and everything checked out. Now I just have to get my HSG sometime next week I think. I am now on CD3. Next cycle, we start clomid as long as my HSG is fine

That really sums it up for us I guess. Although it has been a year now, I feel like our journey may have JUST began

Thanks GraysMama for my beautiful new siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search