Brandi's Journal: Let the Good Times Roll! (TTC with PCOS)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
Where to begin? I feel like this is such a huge part of my life now.

My name is Brandi. I am 27 (28 in a month), married to a wonderful man named Mark (27), and mama to a beautiful little girl named Karuna. Karuna was born at 25 weeks gestation in December 2003 due to pre-eclampsia. She weighed 1 pound 2 ounces. After she was born, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I've had symptoms of PCOS since I was 16 and was even treated for painful ovarian cysts when I was 19 but nobody ever mentioned PCOS.

I TTC'd with my ex-husband for two years and have been TTC with Mark for over a year now. My regular OB/GYN is awesome and recognized her own limits in dealing with this so she referred me to a specialty OB/GYN. This new doctor is amazing and so proactive. Upon my first visit, she ran a huge panel of blood tests and sat down with me to explain what PCOS is, how to deal with it, long-term effects, and how we are going to work with my infertility.

My blood work showed insulin resistance and a lack of ovulation. Go me. She switched me from 1700mg of Metformin (850 twice a day) to 1500mg of Metformin XR because I was getting sick from the regular stuff. I also took progesterone for 10 days, got a period (the first in 5 months), and began Femara on day 5. Yesterday, I had an HSG. While it was insanely painful, it showed that my tubes were open (well, the right was but the left was closed...presumably from the spams and cramps that accompanied the test). Mark's SA was normal. Go him!

I am now at CD10 and have been taking my BBT since CD1. It has been rocky but I will begin OPKs on day 12. Since my problem is my lack of ovulation, I am hoping the Metformin and Femara fixes that. I am trying to not get my hopes up too much this cycle but that's hard. I am going to begin taking prenatal vitamins this weekend, per my OB/GYN's instructions.

And so the waiting game begins...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search