Trish’s Journey Into Madness.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any updates?

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
September 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
TryingTrish's Avatar Regular
Now we're cooking with gas!

Ok, so, I'm on Metformin and Synthroid still. Those are good. I think they're having a positive effect on my ability to sleep and focus. Good times.

Still dealing with billing and getting tests paid for and whatnot. I also just took a hard look at my employer's maternity leave policy. Turns out, we don't have one. I get my 12 weeks of unpaid FMLA and that's it. So... that'll be a thing that we deal with at some point.

Now onto the good stuff!

I took Provera for two weeks to end my long period last cycle and started my current cycle on Saturday (the 22nd). I called my RE on Monday to tell them I started and that I was supposed to start Femara this month. I spoke to a different doctor than usual who insisted that I needed to come in right then and there to get an ultrasound (which my RE failed to mention).

So, I went in, got my ultrasound and saw my ovaries. They measured at 7 and 8... mm? (Whatever unit they measure ovaries in. Something bigger than nanometers and smaller than inches.)

The doctor said my ovaries look “great,” which is fantastic. It was even more fantastic when my husband heard that and yelled “Did you hear that, honey? She said my ovaries are great!” The nurses looked at him like he was high and I laughed my *** off and left.

I'm on 7.5mg of Femara days 3-7. Today is day 5, so I've taken three doses. So far, I haven't had any crazy side effects like I did on Clomid. I did have one hot flash and a headache, but as long as I don't start sweating my *** off all the time I'll be a happy person.

So... that's where I'm at. I'm a little freaked out that we're being so aggressive, but I think that's just because it's been so **** long since we started trying that I was starting to get used to being “infertile.” Plus we've been so laid back about the process. Hell, I took Clomid for 7 months and didn't have a single ultrasound.

So... yeah. Fingers crossed.

(Also, I can't promise I won't be back in the next few days ranting about how terrifying the idea of actually reproducing is. Just ignore me. It's the nerves.)

October 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Who rocks? That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I do. I rock. Hard.

So, I had my day 12 ultrasound. She couldn't find my right ovary (no one ever can... I'm seriously beginning to wonder if i even have one) but my left ovary had a follicle that measured a hefty 22mm.

(I realize a single follicle probably doesn't merit 5 smiley faces but, darn it, I'm feeling good today.)

The doctor who did the scan (another doc I've never seen before) recommended that I go ahead and do the trigger shot. I took another OPK at lunch just in case, and it was completely negative, so I started the long process of getting my ovidrel prescription filled. (They didn't have it at my pharmacy, so I had to track it down at a different CVS, FIND the different CVS, and go pick it up, which involved a half hour wait because they submitted mine to the insurance of a different woman with the same name as me.)

Another win: I was quoted $190, but the shot ended up only costing $100! Win!

So, I got home, had dinner, took my Metformin, and began freaking out at the idea of injecting something into myself (I have a minor needle phobia). I was going to have my husband do it, but I decided at the last minute I wanted to tough it out and do it myself.

So, without too much fuss, I injected myself! I feel like a warrior woman. I ROCK!

So, we do the heck out of the deed tomorrow and the next day (and maybe the next day just for funzies) and then wait around for 2 weeks until the inevitable BFP. Or the crushing defeat. Whichever.

October 7th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure I ovulated. I took the shot and then spent the next day walking weird at work because I was in the weirdest pain.

The next two days consisted of physician mandated sex. So... my husband and I are freaks. We're really, REALLY good at doing the deed. We're just ridiculously compatible 99% of the time.

Except for those two days.

The first day we literally sat there staring at each other wondering what to do. It was sad. We were like awkward teenagers who don't know what goes where.

I think it's the fact that the doctor explicitly TOLD us to do it. All of the other months we've figured out for ourselves when to get it on. But being told we HAVE TO was apparently a big block for us.

We somehow got through it. In fact, I think we did a good job. We remembered to use the PreSeed and we even tried out Instead Soft Cups.

I feel fairly good about this cycle.

The next few weeks are going to suck. I'm pretty busy at work, so hopefully that will keep me distracted. Maybe that way I'll make it through the week without going completely insane. That is, if my husband doesn't snap and leave me from all of my worried rambling. He's such a good sport. I've declared that I no longer want children no less than 4 times in the last month. Apparently it's crazy time in my head right now.

October 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
any updates???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search