Julianna's Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
julianna's Avatar Veteran
After ntnp for 3 years, a year ago I said to myself " what the heck is wrong with me, no BFP yet??"
I mean seriously... Woman/Teenagers get pg by "accident" every day!! Where has my "accident been?

I am 25 (soon to be 26 on 8/20-UGH!) My husband is 28, this October we will have been happily married for 3 years!

I received the diagnosis having Polycyctic Ovaries Last June 2009. My OB/GYN did not come right out and say that I have PCOS, but in all other words she did, I have all the symptoms related. So.. yeah I have PCOS- I think she just didnt want to scare me...but when I would say... "oh like women with PCOS" she would agree. Well last visit in june 2010- she refered to my annovulation/fertility issues as "PCOS"...LOL.

Well moving along.....
We have been continuing NTNP for the last year with no LUCK.
During my June 2010 vist to the DR she prescribed me Metformin -500mg twice a day, as a response to my concerns of not being able to shed much weight although I have been trying with Diet and exercise. She claimed this may help with that and also when women with PCOS are prescribed this, sometimes she said it can help regulate their cycles.

Speaking of CYCLES... Mine have been irregular All of my life that I can recall... pretty much an average of 46 - 60 day cycles or the disappearance of cycles for 4-6 months at a time.

So during these last few visits with her...our "chats" in between annuals........... she has mentioned using Clomid........ which in turn.... I shrugged off because I decided to try everything possible before I "interfered with nature."

So right now, my mission is Losing weight with healthy diet and exercise, staying active, and paying more attention to my body... do some serious tracking and charting...I recently bought the CBE digital fertility montior as well.

My Cycles have be 30 days apart to the minute the last 2 cycles... so i am praying something in my body is starting to cooperate!!!!!!!! :-)

I am at CD 24 today......
We timed Bd'ing according to CM.... but im sure i didnt ovulate!!!

Odd thing is........

My BB's are super Sore!! Which started like 2 or 3 dpo.
Normaly they are never sore before AF's Arrival???
Also , my normal energy has been notably at ZERO! Normally I am active and motivated!! this past weekend, i napped TWICE!!!
Oh and also... i have had weird cramping.. BUT could that be the Metformin???
UGH!! im so confused!!!!!!!!!
August 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM
OKay it has been a while since i posted an entry, but here i am CD10.... feeling depressed today. All of this "not being able to get pregnant stuff" if laying heavy today............ :-(

This is the first cycle I am using the CBE digital fertility monitor, and I am quite perplexed?? ever since CD 7 it said I was at the "high"level?? is that even possible???
I know it was probably silly to even waste my money on this, because I will probably never ovulate anyway!! :-(

Any one else have any experience using a CBE monitor? Comments welcome!!!
August 27th, 2010, 09:54 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just wanted to say i'm bumming today too...i've been on metformin just as long as you have and i'm just as perplexed with my body as you at the moment. just wanted to let you know your not alone. LOL

did AF ever show up for you? I think that's why i'm bumming cuz AF never came for me. hope your weekend goes better than today!
August 31st, 2010, 06:31 PM
Af has not shown!! i dont expect her until 9/17 if she comes!!!
Thanks for sharing my pains!!
i am new to this site, and loving it.. the fact that im not alone! it GREAT!!! nice to meet you!!!

Im sorry ..... AF did end up showing in August, the 17th!! im now at CD 17!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search