Kathryn's Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Background: I'm 28 and hubby 30. We've been married for 5 years. Have a furbaby boxer Mollie who's almost 4. I've been on birth control from 20 to 27 when hubby went to Iraq I decided to get off bcp cuz i was almost sure I have PCOS. I had symptoms of it in high school, sister has it and all the women on my mom's side of the family have similiar issues. over the year hubby was gone i had 3 periods...my hair growth is aweful in places it shouldn't be, acne has always haunted me oily skin too.

Went to the doc in June where he did diagnose PCOS through a mass of bloodwork and an u/s. He has put me on 1000mg of Metformin daily. I'm just confused a little on the percentage of women that Metformin works for...and is the mentrual cycle what a normal cycle would be for a women with no issues trying??

So my period started natural June 20th and then with i'm assuming Metformin had an odd period July 20th. I say odd cuz it was full force for 2 days nothing the 3rd and 4th day i was spotty. So now it's August 22 and still no period and a little nervous taking a test cuz i don't want the negative sign. Altho earlier this week I did have cramping like AF was coming and she didn't. I want to be hopeful but then again not. UGH.
August 27th, 2010, 10:00 AM
so bumming today...it's been 5 days since my last update and still no AF. I'm upset cuz I was hoping MET would have kept things regular since it helped the first month. I think I tested on Monday and it was bfn.

I know I should give MET some time but I'm just so anxious to get things normal. I just want AF to be normal or I want to be pregnant. I don't want no sign of AF. UGH

okay end rant. I really should just stop wondering and take my meds and start packing up my house so we can move into our first home as homebuyers. LOL just have to be reminded of the good things going on in life.
September 3rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
AF came today. so that was a 43 day cycle. so after this ends I can't wait to BDing again. LOL.

Guess we will see what next month brings...and what the doc thinks sept. 20th about everything.
September 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
went to the doc for a follow up with how Met is working for me

he was estatic that I've had 3 consistent cycles. To make this short and to the point I told him how I woke up naseous today and threw up. He asked if I wanted a blood test. I declined. I didn't want to have them tell me sorry it's not this cycle. I want AF to come and if not then I'll poas or ask for a blood test then. Plus I haven't had any other symptoms and even tho yes I might be tired...I just started working with the kiddos again and I'm moving with alot to do at home so yes I'm tired...not sure if I can relate it to be pregnant tho.

and I am comfortable with sitting and waiting it out and seeing where it goes from there.
October 8th, 2010, 10:33 AM
could this cycle be the one??? I'm too nervous to take a test. LOL my sister thinks I'm ridiculous and so not like anybody else. I just don't know and I don't want to see another negative. I should have just said yes to the doc and gotten a blood test while I was there and sharing some things with him. oh well guess it's up to me know and POAS.
October 9th, 2010, 12:53 PM
took a test today and got a BFN oh well
May 8th, 2011, 09:55 AM
been ttc for a year now...i've had highs and i've had lows on this journey.

finally got hubby sorta on board. I've now determined that we are ntnp but sorta using medical assistance as well. hubby has agreed to do a semen analysis, just have to figure out when he will go do that. the closest hospital that will do the analysis is 30 minutes away. And getting him to go anywhere is like fingernails on a chalkboard most of the time.

after we get the results i'll be headed up to portland to ohsu fertility clinic. i'll be getting a genetics testing done for congenetial adrenal hyperplasia. honestly i'm really just hoping some clomid might be the answer and sorta just stinks that after a year i have get to get some. altho with hubby being on board or not on board it probably wouldn't have been a good idea.

hopefully this summer will bring some answers. i just get a little low knowing its been a year and i have yet to get pregnant. most ladies have at least gotten pregnant and horribly have had miscarriages. I guess i'm sorta jealous at the fact that they know they can get pregnant. I still don't know and altho each day i'm more accepting of the fact that maybe it won't happen for me i still want to be trying.

and here i am spilling my thoughts out on mother's day.

Dear Lord, please answer my prayers, if you intend to bless me with a child please show me a sign and if you intend to not bless me with a child and just chose for me to be the best auntie ever, please give me a sign. Amen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search