Sapph's Journal!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
My RL name is Michelle and I'm currently 32 years old. I've been married to DH for almost a year and we've decided to TTC around that time.

I had the PCOS symptoms from day one of puberty, but my family was so hush hush talking about anything like this, I wouldn't have had a clue anything was abnormal about me at the time.

I have the insulin resistance, extra hair, insane crazy cycles, migraines, mood swings, depression, all the "fun stuff". We went to my doctor a few times about it once my mom realized what was going on with me but at that time there was no diagnosis.

I went to the US when I graduated university here and lived there for a year. During my time there, I had the most excruciating pain i've ever had in my abdomen. I was doubled up in pain for HOURS, only the cost of the American health care system kept me from going to the hospital. Later, I'd learn that that it was probably a cyst bursting.

When I came back from the US, my weight sky rocketed (I was underweight while away, partially because of doing Bad Things) and my system was still so completely out of wack, I went to my doctor once again. This time I was sent for ultrasounds and was diagnosed with PCOS. I was told I had a 5% chance of conceiving, 10% chance of carrying to term. I was absolutely devastated as I was only 22. I went on a GI diet for a while, but fell off of that quite easily since I was so severely depressed over the diagnosis (my life's dream was to be a SAHM).

That was 10 years ago. Now, I'm looking at going on some sort of IR diet to help control my weight and hopefully bring it down (I lost 40 pounds at one point, but then started to creep up again). I'd like to lose about 60 pounds to be at my ideal weight.

I've also learned that it IS possible to get pregz and carry to term with PCOS, something that my dr said was basically impossible 10 yrs ago, and that's helped my outlook on things.

Right now I've gone off BCPs in preparation to TTC, and my symptoms are basically out of control.

So, hopefully I'll be able to keep my journey up to date with this journal
February 18th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
DH has agreed to start TTC!!! I'm still squealy happy about it.

Today has been a bit of an emotion coaster... This is one thing I loved about BCPs is that they flattened my moods sooo much.

I've realized I can't probably chart temps, so that's sad. I just wake up about 20-30 times a night since I'm such a light sleeper, and a restless sleeper - a bad combination. And with the dog getting up at different times.. charting temps would be useless.. I'll try for a bit, but we'll see. Haven't had AF since December when I went off BCPs though I've had spotting. So it'd be nice to be able to figure something with my cycle out.
NTNP #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search