Shellie's ttc #2 journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
liltuckers21
I thought I would start one of these. I have always wanted to but when I was ttc my son, I wasn't on here. I will give background information before getting into the current.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 20. I didn't have cysts but the labs showed I had PCOS. I was put on metformin and birth control. I was terribly sick. I had headaches and got sick whenever I ate. I went off metformin and onto glumetza. I was feeling better other than the headaches. They discovered it was my birth control. My body was rejecting it. I was taken off and not allowed birth control again. I met my husband and got married to him in June 2009. I wasn't taking any medicine and had no periods. August 2009 I started taking Glumetza again. Six weeks later I got a bfp and June 2010 I had my son Owen.

I got my period at 6 weeks pp and every four weeks after that till November. Then it stopped. I have not had my period since. I started 1000 mg of Glumetza in November 2010. I was switched to 1500 mg of metformin on January 6th, 2011.

Since I still haven't had my period, I started provera February 8th, 2011. I have had cramping and I can feel a difference. I am hoping I start 3 days after I stop taking it. I am taking it orally and I am taking it for ten days.

We are starting to ttc #2 when my husband arrives home at the beginning of March. This is my journey.
February 20th, 2011, 05:38 AM
liltuckers21
Well Af arrived yesterday. light at first but full force today! This is great news! I am still taking metformin and vitex and a prenatal. I should ovulate right around when dh gets home! Which is perfect timing! If we don't get this cycle we are okay because we really want next cycle so I would be due in December or January.

I am excited that things are working right. I was getting nervous but I am having faith now. It is frustrating when your body doesn't work like it is suppose to. I have been battling this for too long and it gets exhausting. Dh is very very supportive and when I get down, he is there to cheer me up. He is truly my rock.

He said some cute things the other day. He was talking about our getaway weekend and how he just might have to get me prego that weekend! He makes me smile. He even told all his friends we will be trying. I am glad he wants this just as much as I do.
March 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
liltuckers21
I haven't updated in awhile. So March 3rd I got what I am assuming is close to or is a + opk. Dh came home that night.
Of course we dtd like crazy. We had fun. I don't temp because its so hard to remember. anyways March 12th I went to the restroom and wiped and there was pink spotting. I had cramping that day too. I thought maybe implantation. I have tested all week and I thought I was getting faint lines but I am guessing they were evaps. I was due for af Saturday and today is Sunday and still no af. I took two tests and bfn. But what gets me is since Friday night I have had sore boobs. Like super sore off and on. I have had cramping off and on since Thursday. I have a discharge still and feel very wet. I also haven't been wanting anything to eat and I have been getting full easy. These were all signs for when I found out with Owen. And I am not convincing myself I am. I am being realistic here. I truly want this but also want af to come if I am not.
I guess the hardest part about this is one not know if I truly ovulated, two not knowing when af is due and since its not here I want to take my provera to start a new cycle but I can't incase by some slight chance I am. I also know so many who just found out. Its like a knife in my heart. I hate it. I just want to know and move on if I am not. Dh is disappointed and that made me hurt even more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search