Abby's Ventastic TTC#1 Journal (No longer TTC)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM
ladyastraea's Avatar Froggy in my pocket! :o
Okay well no one called yesterday, but I called again today and got a callback from the nurse. She said the doctor wants to talk to me about it in person. Uh oh. This is not normal. I've had so many blood tests run before and usually if I call I get "yeah it's normal, see you in a week" not "we'll discuss in person." I mean I know they don't like giving numbers over the phone... but holy ****. What was wrong?

I'm trying not to get anxious. I'm going to have to go up and pull the numbers myself from the medical records office now though because I really don't have the patience to wait until next Wednesday to find out. I get this feeling this lady doesn't understand timing is of the essence.

Anyway, AF needs to hurry up and make up its mind too. Either it needs to show up today or I need to poas and I DON'T want to poas. I find bfn's more heartbreaking than CD1 personally. My temps are still low enough that I should be bleeding by now.

[Edit]: SHE'S HERE!!! ...okay I need to not be so excited about that lol I'm bad

Thanks Maggie831 for the awesome siggy! You rock!

Last edited by ladyastraea; July 27th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
July 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
AF in full force. Gonna try it natural with Maggie. I don't have the patience to wait on my slow Dr's office anymore.

In other news. Owwwww...

July 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM
AF's calming down a lot. The soy is giving me massive hot flashes and headaches. I hope that's a good thing. Four days left until my doctor's appointment.

[Edit]: Oh good lord HOT FLASHES. They just keep getting worse and WORSE. The mint tea is excellent though. I got the bigelow Spearmint/Peppermint blend. Sooo good.... now someone get me a towel.

Last edited by ladyastraea; July 30th, 2011 at 11:26 PM.
August 1st, 2011, 11:07 AM
So tomorrow's the last day of soy, and I'm glad to say it didn't murder my sex drive, which is what I was afraid it'd do. It's still very much in tact lol.

My appointment's in two days, and I have to say I'm feeling a little anxious that I'm going to go in there and get brow-beaten by the GYN and get absolutely nothing accomplished, or have her try and pass me off again. I have this sick feeling that if she does anything at all, she's going to want to do another CD21 progesterone draw and make me wait again until next month. Holy **** man, why won't this lady just tell me anything over the phone? Does she not understand what it's like waiting almost a year and a half for something that my body should literally have been able to do VERY easily? Good lord.

At least I have one up on her that AF did actually come, even if it took like 54 days to show up. Her stupid 5-day progesterone thing was too short, and I'm going to tell her straight to her face that I've called several pharmacists and talked to many other sources that 5 was not long enough. I've been told AT LEAST 7 by EVERYONE, and even then it'd sometimes take 10 full days of it to get anything out of them. She wouldn't even try 10! I'm not letting that happen again. And you know, even while I was on the pill it took like 3 days for any withdrawal bleeding to ever show up for me (I'd take my last one Saturday night and wouldn't get anything until Wednesday afternoon.) She can't just declare something like that based on a one-shot non-test. She needs evidence, bloodwork, something to back that up before she tells me to pack up and get out of her office.

I need to be firm and not let her push me around, which is tough, because I'm used to letting doctors walk all over me. This is something I really want, so I can't just let her say "pfft whatever" and kick me out again. I need to demand she do everything that's inside of her power (HSGs, clomid, u/s, cd3 bloodwork) before she tries to just pass me off on something that my stupid insurance doesn't cover. She's literally my last resort, and it makes her look like she doesn't care about me at all, and doesn't feel like helping me, and I need to tell her that. I need to just tell her it feels like she thinks I'm too much trouble and she doesn't even feel like trying. When you're looking at a year and getting close to three months of BFN, that really f'ing hurts. And if she tries to come back at me with "if you can't afford an RE you can't afford to have kids anyway" crap I swear to god I will have her job. An RE is more expensive than having a second mortgage to pay every month and that's BS.

August 3rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
NORMAL!!!!

I freaking LOVE that word. My bloodwork was NORMAL.

I O'd so crazy and so late though they they finally are sticking me on clomid so they know for sure I will and it shortens my cycle and gives me a better chance!

I take 50mg starting today for the next five days, then bd every other day from the 11th, have a progesterone draw on the 18th along with prolactin levels and then my next appointment is August 31st, but hopefully I'll have a SHINY NEW BFP!!!

I might actually buy LH/HCG sticks

August 5th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I'm day 3 on clomid today. I have to say... I'm actually starting to feel something. Probably not a good something, or maybe it is a good something? I have no idea. I've been having hot flashes the whole time, but today the headache and the dizziness and the tingly pains down in my lower belly... ugh. I literally can't wait for it to be over. DH and I are both excited about the prospect of actually having a chance this month though, and I REALLY need to get my OPKs and start taking them I guess starting on Tuesday. I'll get more if I run out before I get a positive... I just hate doing this whole runaround.

I gained a WHOPPING 7kg since my last doc's appointment. I feel like crap. That's about 2.5lbs a week for 6 weeks. Holy crap. How the heck did I manage that?! The doctors have been REALLY nice about it though and haven't even bothered to bring my weight up, which I appreciate. My other numbers are sparkly. 110/60 BP? F yes I'll take that, BAMF!

Soo....I'm going into a low carb diet starting NOW. I went and bought a lot of chicken, fish and veggies and all kinds of "from scratch" cooking supplies. I guess I've been watching too much hell's kitchen lol. Part of me realized though the reason I lost so much weight a few years ago was because I stopped eating pasta for every meal. As soon as I remembered cutting out the bread and pasta, I dropped down to 124 from 170 in a year. I need that again!

Dizzy again, gonna go to bed now. Eeek two more days.

August 7th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Just popped my last clomid about two hours ago. FINALLY convinced DH to BD, even though my first OPK was negative. I'm going to post that series eventually, but right now I'm feeling a little crummy so I'm not going to dig for the camera since... well, you can't really see the line. That's probably a good thing right? Before it was just there. Not dark, not light, just there, all month long. Oh well.

My libido is back with a vengeance, I haven't felt it like this since May last year that first week off the pill. Actually--while I was looking for something else I ran into my old appointment stuff with my GYN last year and the appointment was on May 4th, and I'd been off the pill for a week when I went. So... this is actually month 16 and not 15. Egad man. I want so badly just to have this be my last cycle TTC, but I feel so negative about it because of how many times we've failed in the past.

August 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I'm taking a little bit of a break from being posty just for a few days until I'm feeling less negative. Maybe I'm just moody or something from the clomid.

Yesterday was hell on me. DH is still home from work because of his tooth, but his face looks WAY better than it did when they pulled it yesterday. I'm almost positive I'll get my surge today, and I just feel so jinxed right now.

Dad's lymph node biopsy came back positive for melanoma, so he's waiting on another surgery. From what I've read they'll pull out the remaining nodes in the limb. There's no word if it's spread distally or anywhere else in the body. Melanoma terrifies me.

I read some crap on the web yesterday that penicillin lowers sperm motility/wipes out the count completely/has no effect whatsoever. I have no idea what to believe right now. The RE's that replied to a few posts I read said the antibiotic would have no effect. We're going to bd anyway and cross our fingers that my allergy isn't bad enough that it swells me up just from contact. I just wish someone actually knew for sure if this month is a loss.

August 10th, 2011, 04:28 PM
So I guess I'm doing the OPKs too early. I feel so lost, like this is my first month charting or something. I guess TECHNICALLY it is, because I don't know how to find an O date because before I never had one! I have one more of the dollar store (new choice) brand, and I'll blow that one tomorrow I suppose. I ordered a bunch of wondofo's off of ebay a few minutes ago. No idea when they'll get here, but I only paid a dollar for 30 of them!

I'll probably grab some of the store brand just to cover me til I have my blood draw. Hopefully I O sooner or later though :/ Doctor recommended BD starts tomorrow night!

August 11th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm feeling really emotional today. I do a lot of chart stalking in my spare time just to occupy my mind with something happy and/or exciting. I see a lot of temp rises on other people's today. Mine dropped really low :/ But that could be a good sign that my body's gearing up to try again.

It's just getting super hard to stay positive. A lot of people on the board seem to be getting their dreams come true this month, and I feel like by September I'm going to be completely alone again.

I started my low carb diet last night with some tilapia fillets and boiled cabbage, and it came out really good. Unfortunately, I couldn't resist the allure of french fries and junk food so it feels sort of like an effort in vain. I'm going to start taking the cinnamon again too next month, just because I feel like it was helping me. As soon as I stopped drinking the cinnamon tea I gained weight sooooo fast. SO fast.

DH told me he'd do anything in his power to help, even if it meant not drinking Mountain Dew, which is great, because he went and bought a ton of canned tea yesterday. I've literally never seen him so proactive about anything in all his life, so it's kind of encouraging to see him so excited to help.

[Edit]: Cramping very heavily today, VERY heavily. I took my OPK at 6 and the line nearly matched the control; I think my poor ovaries are gearing up for another try! I hope I surge tomorrow for real this time!

Last edited by ladyastraea; August 11th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
August 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM
So I bought some digi OPKs, and the cost was literally outrageous. $25 for 7. Holy crap.

That and the first one I used, I used wrong. OOPS! So now I have to hold my pee until 11pm Freaking bummer.

[Edit]: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand negative. :/

Last edited by ladyastraea; August 12th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
August 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
OMG OMG OMG

YES!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! (Time to jump DH!)

August 14th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Second day with a +OPK and I got my cycle buddy back! I'm in such a good mood today, it's insanity! Unfortunately, DH decided to go to a friend's house all night so no bd for me til 1am again :/ Which sucks because I'm totally feeling the hormone surge, like BIG time hehehe. I really hope those sites are wrong and penicillin doesn't do anything to semen quality ><; Pleaaaaaaaase let this be the LAST month we have to try, please!!!!

August 15th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Well, DH didn't get home until midnight and spent the REST of the night vegging out on the PS3, so we didn't BD because he was "too tired" by the time he finally found a **** save point. GRR! What a waste of my newfound libido *kicks something.*

I'm planning to jump him first thing through the door today because... well.. looking at it with the every other day thing, our timing seriously looks like ****

Temp rise today, so, I'm pretty sure I O'd overnight.

August 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Well, I got my CH's, timing looks pretty decent so I hope they're accurate. I get my progesterone drawn tomorrow, and I know they won't tell me crap about it until the 31st when I have my appointment. If my LP stays the same, I should be expecting a temp drop next Thursday, but if it's still up there, it's POAS city

August 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I don't think I've ever been this anxious to end the tww lol. Big temp rise this morning, probably attributed to my mouth actually being closed when I woke up

I hate waiting, urg!

It's a double edged sword though I guess. I have no PMS which is a first for me, because I'm used to having it all month. I'm so happy the clomid worked, but I just can't stop being a pessimist about everything.

Last edited by ladyastraea; August 19th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
August 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Okay so last night before bed I had a little bit of yellow CM and I didn't think anything of it because I was sort of dehydrated. This morning it was darker yellow and definitely probably not from morning urine (ew.) Then a couple hours later I went in and it was like light yellow-pink. Holy crap, I'm spotting a little? This better not be low progesterone I spot a lot, so, I'm trying not to overthink it.

My wondfo tests just came in. Must. Resist. Urge. LOL.

August 21st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Spotted like twice today, then back to completely clear. This is weirding me out just a touch. I've read everything from reports of pregnancy to reports of high progesterone to reports of clomid doing it. So, in short, I have no idea.

The good news is, I only have to wait 2 1/2 more days to figure out if it means anything or not haha.

August 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Well, my temperature is starting to crash, so I'm pretty sure it's over at this point. I'm bummed so I'm just gonna go disappear until AF shows.

9pm- Throat really really hurting now. Think I might be sick.

Last edited by ladyastraea; August 22nd, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
August 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Miscalculated. Last month my temp dropped at 11dpo. I'm scared, my cycle buddy just got her bfp and I'm soo soo soooo happy for her, and then I started crying. I can't tell if I'm crying because I'm happy for her or if I'm crying because I somehow know she's moving on and I'm not.

My IC's came in some time ago, and they weren't supposed to get here until after the 25th. I feel like if I give into temptation and test BFN today, I'll do nothing but mope around and cry while waiting for AF. I'm at a loss though.

Just found out a friend's sister had an oops and now she's preggo too.

Excuse me, I'm going to bury my head under a pillow and cry it out.

[Edit]: I gave in and tested BFN, and I've been moping around and crying. Why don't I just listen to myself?

Last edited by ladyastraea; August 24th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search