Aubrey's Journey- Pregnant after 15 months TTC

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy! Today I have been nothing but a worry wart mess of emotions. Every little thing is making me upset, uneasy or sad. I think I'm going to bed and it's only 8pm! Work was rough, my BFF and I are butting heads a lot lately and DH is leaving yet again tomorrow... Only one full day but it's still saddening.
I took a bath tonight. Probably shouldn't have because I'm in the 2WW and although I haven't really read or been told you shouldn't during the 2WW I would think you probably shouldn't because of body temp or maybe even effecting the lil sperm that may be on their way to the egg. Who knows... probably looking into it too much.

November 29th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I was thinking, 11 days and we leave for our cruise!!! Yay if everything else around is crazy and knocking me down at least I have an amazing vacation to look forward to!! I cannot wait for the warm weather. I really wish I would have done better with my weight loss but I failed. Yet again. One day I will do it. I did get down to 166 but quickly gained and am back at 171. It would be really nice to see the 150s again. Hopefully one day. I know if I can just do it, stick to it, I will regulate my cycles on my own. It's just really tough without the self motivation. It's really weird how it comes and goes for me.

December 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
I decided to start taking my Metformin again. I'm 3 days in at 500mg and I have been doing well. So far no side effects. Thank God. I think I will try to stay at 500mg for 2 weeks then up it to 1000mg. My OBGYN said one week then up it but last time I tried that I gave up because of the horrid cramping it was giving me. I guess we shall see. Hopefully it goes well this time!

8DPO and I really wish I was on my way to a BFP. Still staying positive but I don't think I'm PG. We DTD 2 days before and the day of so I would think our chances were pretty good but because this cycle was so whacky I just feel like there isn't a chance. FX and lots of prayers! I want to test so bad but 8DPO is still super early AND I haven't had any symptoms, which I understand not everyone does. But no implantation spotting. Trust me I've been watching out for it haha. I have on the other hand had a little bit of nausea this morning but that could be from anything. I think Christmas being right around the corner it's given me so much hope since I think it would be amazing to tell my parents Christmas morning that I'm expecting. But I hate getting my hopes up so I'm trying to stay positive but not too positive... if that even makes sense lol.

December 2nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
8dpo is still realllllllllllllly early. In fact implantation COULD have not occurred yet or if it did it might not have had enough time to cause any symptoms.

I'll keep stalking you though and hope for the best!

TTC #1 for five years
Battling PCOS and Male Factor Infertility
December 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
I know its soooo early but hearing about other ladies testing early rubs off onto me haha

December 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
11DPO and I'm getting antsy to test! I'm going to hold off, I think, I hope, I'm trying lol. I've had a handful of luteal phases around 12 days so I'm trying my hardest to wait till 13DPO, but my ultimate goal would be to hold off till 14DPO. If the witch doesn't show before then anyhow. I've been having a few twinges on both sides here and there. Not really cramping though. I want it to be implantation so bad but it's on both sides so who knows. Probably just in my head.

I was surfing some charts of the month others got their BFPs and I started getting a tad worried. Most of these women all DTD the day of and the day after their ovulation. We didn't do it the day after. I hope that isn't a bad thing lol. Silly of me to get worried but was just something I noticed. 2 days before and the day of... that should be perfect??? Right??? I sure hope so

December 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Ok so today I had some pretty good period cramps going on today. Hopefully it's not AF. Maybe it could be from the Metformin considering I had a lil more sugar at work then I should have. Or maybe they could even be from pregnancy. (Wishful thinking) But I had to make a note of these cramps incase I need to remember this day in the future

December 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM
So I almost tested today. With an OPK tho hahaha. Because I felt like if it was negative I could justify it more then just saying "oh it's still early". STUPID 2WW!!!! Why can't it be Thursday already!?!? Shoot, why can't I be feeling symptoms. Please symptoms come... give me a reason to test!!! hahaha please???

December 7th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Well, I couldn't hold off. I tested! And got what I believe to be 2 really good for 12dpo. I will now be praying like crazy this is a sticky egg!!! Not really sure how the dr thing is going to go. I'm going to call around noon today when I get off work. All online due date calculators predict me at only 3weeks and 3 days. So I'm not really sure if my dr will even let me come in. I'm just going to use my last menstrual date with the receptionist if she asks, which is October 7th... going by that I'd be much further along, but because I was temping and tracking I know otherwise.
I'm already so nervous about the cruise and morning/motion sickness. I already get motion sick so I have to find something I will be able to take. I hear good and negative about ginger capsules when pregnant. I guess if my obgyn is able to get me in I will have to ask about that too. I really should get a list of things to ask because I always forget something. Hmmm...

December 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
WOW! It's been a while. Got that BFP and forgot all about my poor journal. haha no just been busy with vacation just getting over, lots of catching up to do before Christmas.
We've really been contemplating telling more people about our lil "Optimus". Hubby is really having a hard time. Worse then me I think. Then again I have told a handful of people hahaha. I think of it this way, typically women don't spill the beans because of the risk of miscarriage. Well, in my case, if I were ever to experience that terrible event I would want the support from my family and close friends. SO I figure they would find out anyhow if the unfortunate event did occur. So why not share the good news with them now and let the prayers start flowing for a H&H 9 months That being said I belive Christmas Eve and Christmas day we may begin to spill the news about our lil transformer!!!

December 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Today was my first appointment being PG!!! It really wasn't as much as I thought it would be. I'm not really sure what I was thinking, but it just seemed so quick and almost like not very much happened. My OB did stay in the room for a while and talked about my LMP and how I know I Oed much later. Then she went over the dos and donts and finally a nurse took tons of blood and I was on may way. I did make a 4 week appointment AND the DR put in for an ultrasound appointment ASAP, which will be Jan 3. I'm pretty excited for that. I was hoping they'd do one today, but being so early I kind of figured they wouldn't. So the countdown begins 11 days!!!

January 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Need some updates Aubrey How are you feeling? How was the ultrasound appt?

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

January 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Oh my how I forget I started this! lol

So far I have been doing ok. Was having very rough morning sickness. I seriously felt like I could not function. Going about every day activities was difficult. I wasn't vomiting but the nausea was horrendous! I talked to my OBGYN and she prescribed me Zofran. Apparently it's a medication they give to cancer patients during Chemo to help with nausea. They say it's safe for pregnancy, and many women on my DDC are taking it as well. I am so thankful for this medication. However it is a MUST to take it right on schedule or the nausea comes back almost instantly. Hopefully only a couple more weeks and the morning sickness phase will be gone. FX!!!

My first ultra sound appointment went well. It's ridiculous how much water they require you to drink in such a short period of time. Then they ask you not to pee for a whole hour!!! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be seeings I have been peeing like crazy. BUT I was soooo ready to go once I was finally able to lol. Baby is measuring right on track. EDD is August 16th. So that makes me right around 8 weeks and 2 days (as of today) Ultra sound was taken 7 weeks and 5 days. We got to hear the heartbeat and it was the most amazing feeling. It was really quick though and she hadn't mentioned the heart rate :/ Well here's our lil transformer

January 9th, 2012, 08:43 AM
UGH! Today I'm really not liking pregnancy. I feel terrible to complain because I have asked for this and wanted this for so long, and of course I still do. It's just been a little rough for me lately. I have hardly any energy and never want to do anything. If I'm not taking my medication ON TIME I feel crummy instantly. And milk, I want it, I love it, I need it, but it KILLS my stomach. Almost minutes after drinking it I get a crampy, achey stomach
I'm dreading going into work today. Business has been really slow and it makes for a terrible day. Plus it's Monday so that adds on even more crumminess. I wish I could feel more "normal". I don't ever recall any of my friends or family that have been pregnant being this "bad" this early. I'm praying since I'm dealing with the "bad" now that maybe my middle and end won't be so bad. FX for that.

January 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for ultrasound pics!!! Love it, the little transformer is progressing well! So sorry you are having such a horrible time with morning sickness, hopefully only another couple of weeks or so and that part will be over so you can actually enjoy your pregnancy for a little while!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

January 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I cannot believe how emotional I have been today! Holy cow hormones!!!! I watched Nanny McPhee and cried lol. A random commercial had me crying, I don't even remember what it was about! I swear the littlest things have my eyes leaking!!! On another note, I think I may be coming down with something My throat feels sore today. UGH I really hope it's nothing considering there's not much I can take being pregnant. I guess it's a good thing I have been craving oranges and eating the hell out of them hahaha

January 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Yuck! Another bad day. Work was horrible. The smells of all the food were killing me, and I had to run to throw up in the public restroom. It's horrible. I really pray this stops. And today to add to the lovely nausea and throwing up I have a throbbing headache. Oh and I'd give anything to be able to have a good poop! I've been taking shots of prune juice and so far the last few days it hasn't really helped. Thankfully I have my monthly check up Thursday, just 2 days away, fingers crossed she can help me out. There has to be something. How do women do this?!

January 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I was having trouble with my insurance covering my Zofran, for the morning sickness I've been having. Well a good friend called in a favor and got me some free samples from one of her DR friends!!! Because of this I've finally been able to eat and keep food down. I've gained the 5lbs back that I had lost from all the throwing up. Not really happy about that, but I know it's going to happen haha.

Food just isn't the same anymore. Hardly anything ever sounds good, but when it does, I HAVE to have it! I don't care what it is or what time it is, if it's not in the house I will go get it. I seem to be wanting lots of fast food. I really wanted to eat more healthy throughout my pregnancy but the OBGYN says eat what you can, because it's not always easy to stomach certain things. I know one thing is I cannot be around hamburger! The smell, even the sight, oh Lordy the THOUGHT makes me feel ill! Anyhow I've been taking some pictures each week. I wish they were a little better quality and a lil closer to the same spot each time, but these will do to get the idea of how I'm growing. (posted below) I cannot wait until my stomach resembles MORE of a baby bump. Being a lil bigger to start I feel silly rubbing my tummy like pregnant women do, considering it's really not much different. Then again I still catch myself doing it!

January 30th, 2012, 04:21 AM
I love you forever, Henna
I have sooo been stalking your belly pics in the August DDC. I was just thinking yesterday that your little baby belly popped. I definitely see a difference! Be sure to keep us updated, especially if/when you find out the sex!!!
January 30th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I absolutely will March 19th!!! Thinking BOY.... we shall see

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search