Danielle's PCOS Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I love you forever, Henna
Let me start off by saying I'm not officially TTC. Right now, I am charting just to track whether I'm ovulating. In a year's worth of cycles I've only ovulated twice. Maybe three times but I think this month's chart is way off. It's suggesting I'm 16 dpo but I don't believe I've ovulated at all yet. Oh well, I don't plan to override it but I am going to continue charting just to see if my crosshairs disappear or shift to a different date.

It's weird though. I get regular periods (for the most part) so where's the eggie? LOL, I'm guessing my body gears up to O, never does, and perhaps then my body develops a cyst? I don't know. Anyway, I guess when we are ready to TTC I'll have enough information for any doctor to see I have some serious problems with my cycles!

Last edited by Peachie30; June 5th, 2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: no longer TTC or NTNP
March 20th, 2012, 06:15 PM
WOW! I had the weirdest dream last night! I dreamed that I gave birth to a little girl right here in our apartment. It was quite a shock seeing as how I didn't even know I was pregnant! And what made it so funny? When I ran into the living room to tell Chuck, he said he'd be there in a second because he was watching his March Madness games. LOL! Anyway, I know it's just wishful thinking (dreaming?) because I've already taken 3 tests and all say no way. Seems like this is going to be a looooong cycle.
March 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM
This is gonna be a bit of a rant so please excuse me in advance!

I'm still stuck playing the am I or am I not game because I haven't started a new cycle! If my AF would just show up full force, then I'd be satisfied that I wasn't pregnant. But I've been spotting for about 5 days... Around the time my AF should've started according to FF's original O date. Aaaaahhhh! LOL! But seriously, it'd be sooooo nice if my body stopped playing with me right now! Is spotting something all cysters deal with, or is it just me? Even so, this is probably the worst possible time for it to happen! Wondering if I'm pregnant seems to be the story of my life...

Last edited by Peachie30; March 25th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
May 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
OMG... I know I do not see spotting today! My period just went off a week ago, after two weeks of spotting, 3 weeks of bleeding, and ANOTHER week of spotting just to close it out! I swear if it starts again, I might bleed to death! I already started feeling faint toward the end of my last AF... I don't know if my body can handle anymore! But I'm kind of in a catch-22... Because of a hemorrhage 11 years back, which resulted in brain surgery, no doctors want to give me any hormone for fear of a blood clot. I don't know, maybe I'll look into metformin... Maybe it could at least help regulate my cycles a little bit.
June 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Well, I had my appointment today. I finally got a prescription for metformin! Yaaaay!!! I'm already afraid of the side effects, but if it will actually help regulate my cycles then I'm all for it! I'm also thinking about getting a bottle of soy just for an extra boost... Plus, I've also lost 12 pounds since February (probably stress related) so that's always good for a cyster! I really want to get my cycles somewhat regular again... Hopefully this will do it.

Last edited by Peachie30; June 1st, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
September 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Wow, it's been some time since I last updated! Well, a lot of things have changed. First, the metformin really didn't work out. I had some rather nasty side effects from it so I decided to go off after a week. They'd also suggested I take an iron supplement since my iron levels were low, 11.8 I think. I've been doing that pretty faithfully since and it seems my cycle may be getting somewhat regular... We'll see, though. Even though FF didn't pick up on O, I'm pretty sure I did on CD11 (or somewhere around there). Come CD13, my bbs were already sore and lately I've been experiencing some odd twinges and cramps. I'm not necessarily TTC at the moment, but I'd just be happy to get a semi-regular period every month, as opposed to the long, drawn out spotting & bleeding that I've been experiencing. Anyway, I still haven't addressed my hormonal issues (elevated dhea), so that could always be a factor, but at least I'm on my way to having (somewhat) normal cycles again!
September 29th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry the met didn't really work out for you! I've gone on and off it so many time because of the side effects. I have to take it right with dinner or I might as well not take it at all, and that can be quite inconvenient. If I don't take it then I take a cinnamon/chromium blend as well as myo inositol which are both OTC and are supposed to do similar things as metformin but without the side effects. I don't find it works as well, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search