Fil - TTC No.1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To PCOS Journals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Veteran
Hello ladies!

I thought it might be a good time to start a journal, as I have *just* taken the steps to begin fertility treatments after 15ish months of NTNP. I have never been PG (that I know of). I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 and put on BCP, which I stayed on for almost 4 years. My longest cycle lasted about 7 months and only ended because I took Provera. I`ve never had regular cycles and my yearly average when not on BCP is 5-6 periods. Because I live in a very remote (as in, there are no roads that lead here!) community, access to health care is hit-and-miss. I am hoping that I can still get what I need from the health care system and that our TTC will be successful!

I have been charting this cycle (I`m on CD42 right now) and have yet to O. I`ve been having EWCM the past few days, although it seemed to be a smaller amount today and since I haven`t Oed yet, I am thinking that it is probably not going to happen this time around.

I started on 850 mg Metformin yesterday and I`m hoping to get up to my full dose (1700 mg) next week! So far I have been nauseous pretty much constantly, although it`s not too severe. Our plan is to stick with just the Met for 6 months and then if nothing happens, we may add Clomid.

Anyway, I am glad to have the company of a few fellow PCOSers along for the journey. Just hoping for a BFP soon!

My Ovulation Chart
April 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Veteran
I'm not sure what is going on with my cycle... Can't figure out if I have *just* O'd, am about to O or have been experiencing a "false alarm." Had a small temp raise this morning, but not enough for a typical O pattern. Still had some EWCM so DH and I BD'd quick before work. I figured it's possible that I have JUST O'd, so my temp increase is just starting, and I didn't want to miss the window for that egg. Of course, I'm probably just over-thinking it and won't even O at all. I just wish that my body would follow a normal cycle so that I could really see what was going on with my charts.

In other news, I was nauseous all day yesterday until dinnertime when I took my Metformin pill! Then I felt good for the rest of the evening, and woke up this morning feeling sick to my stomach again. Weird. We'll see how today goes I guess.

My Ovulation Chart
April 13th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran
I am confused!

1) I just checked my chart and I have had EWCM for SIX days now. It hasn't always been a large quantity, but it's there. This seems unusually long and sortof weird. It's making me think it is just PCOS messing with my CM and it doesn't mean anything...

2) I am not sure whether I have ovulated. My temps went up this morning, but only a little, not enough for a typical post-O pattern. BUT IT STILL WENT UP and it corresponds with my CM, so maybe I O'ed??? I was thinking I might have *just* O'ed a few hours before temping, so my numbers hadn't risen much yet. So I woke DH up for a morning BD session! But I would feel a lot more settled about it if it were higher...

3) My Metformin is affecting me in the strangest way... I have been taking a 1/2 dose every evening with dinner and so far I have not felt nauseous until hours later, and then the nausea lasts from morning until late afternoon/evening the next day! Then around dinner it clears up and I have a few hours of feeling good again before the next pill kicks in. Is this normal?

My Ovulation Chart
April 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran
I just wrote a long post, but JM ate it! In sum:

Temp has barely gone up, not enough to really indicate O.

Feeling discouraged.

My Ovulation Chart
April 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Veteran
CD47

My CM has been weird... stretchy and lubricative-ish, but kindof thick at the same time??? I think it is phasing out of EW and into a more creamy texture. Anyway. I'm sure nobody really wants to know about my CM, hey?

I really thought I was going to O a couple days ago, but it looks like it was a false alarm. I *wish* I had been charting last cycle so I would know whether I Oed. Oh well.

I know I should be BDing still because I *could* still O with this type of CM, but I've lost interest totally. Maybe tonight I'll be able to get back in the mood a bit. I can't help but fear that this will be another 7 month + cycle again and that I am wasting my time with charting!! I guess I shouldn't be losing hope yet though, since I am on the Metformin now and have a chance to get regulated a bit.

Sigh.

My Ovulation Chart
April 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM
ElliotsMommy13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww. fil... I am sorry about all the confusion. Seems like the same stuff I went through. I was on BC pills for years then when I got off, we were NTNP as well and nothing a year later except for 50 pounds weight gain, bad skin, depression, and periods that had 3-8 month breaks between.. I just had ovarian drilling surgery in February and since then my periods have been perfect and right on time and I know I did O with clomid. I have not lost any weight or gotten better skin yet.. but I am more hopeful now than ever. I am not in a remote location but I am in a foreign country with a language barrier so I understand some about how hard it can be to get health care. I hope you get some answers soon. Although I have never been pregnant, I feel like the surgery was a good call for me as things are finally looking more possible than ever. It was just akward waking up in a hospital having people speaking to me in German and feeling so lost. Don't give up hope... that will only make you miserable.

thank you so much to bokkechick for my siggy!
April 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Veteran
NAUSEA NAUSEA NAUSEA NAUSEA

BLOATING BLOATING BLOATING

That is all.

My Ovulation Chart

Tags
charting , metformin , pcos , provera , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search