loss of appetite?

Forum: Post Partum Depression

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Post Partum Depression LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
MommaScandalous's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have really been experiencing this, and believe me - I'd notice because I eat a lot!! For instance, I'm doing Weight Watchers and I am allowed 20 points a day, I've only used up 7 I only have dinner left!

I've also lost weight, well sort of. I had surgery last week and with all the water retension and bloating, I weighed 9lbs more than I do today, just 7 days later. I won't complain about that just yet because I used to be 110 before I had kids and I'm at 138...so it's not like I'll waste away! LOL. But I guess if this continues, could it be a problem? Anyone deal with that?

I originally had my vein hesitations about the weight gain (for obvious reasons, I just had a baby!) but on top of that I have a high-triglyceride level causing me to be literally unable to lose weight no matter how hard I try. I'll just add that I've been vegetarian for 14 years and eat TONS of veggies, even raw, and a moderate amount of fruit. Everything is whole grain/wheat. On top of that I do pilates. I shouldn't be the weight I am, but I'm just shocked that I'm suddenly losing.

Anyways, just wanting some other experiences or suggestions.

THX

September 4th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
Hi Erica,

Loss of appetite....I wish I can't STOP eating at the moment....

Ok...serious now
You always here about people putting on weight once they start their meds..not always the case- it's all individual.

I ALWAYS experience a loss of appetite when my depression & anxiety is quite high...how are feeling mentally at the moment?
I tend to lose about 3-5 kilos when I am REALLY down (I think that's like 8-10 pounds). I have to say there were times when I was a tad worried because I couldn't eat and the weight was just dropping off...but once I'm settled again mentally the appetite comes back...along with the weight (D'oh ).

If you continue to not have an appetite and your weight loss starts to get out of hand then I would speak to someone but if it's not a big issue then just go with the flow. Maybe just do weekly checks on the scales (which you probably do anyway) and keep a track of how much your losing.

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!
September 5th, 2008, 07:35 AM
MommaScandalous's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, i do weigh-in's every friday anyways so i'll be keeping a close eye.

i am actually feeling good. I think these last few days I'm realizing this medicine is already starting to help me. It's very very strange. I just get mad thinking why couldn't I feel like this before? Why do I need these? But the truth is I do...so that's just that.

I was 147 last week and today I am 136.6. BUT...I had surgery and I think I either gained from water retention due to the IV I had, OR...my body went into starvation mode after fasting for 16 hours before surgery. Icky.

September 5th, 2008, 09:19 PM
adjsgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a loss of appetite too. I lost 23 pounds after my son was born. I dunno if it had to do with the meds or I just wasn't eating enough or what. Not that I was complaining.
September 9th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I also wish I had a loss of appetite sometimes! I am an emotional eater, so I tend to stack the carbs when I'm feeling down about anything at all. Or when I'm happy!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search